• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Plastic

Fall break? Where are you, Australia?

i totally dig that star i just think the gold line has better grip and i think it has higher durability

Now that's a better post than the one that revived this thread.

That being said, I have no star discs in my bag at the moment. Mostly Z/Champ because of the mainly wooded courses I play.

I was just thinking about it and, other than my putters/super roc, all the disc's in my bag are either champ or star.

I only have 1 star disc.. 170g Star Mako.. The thing is beautiful, grippy, durable, and flexible.. I love it :) & GL is more durable I think.. Def not gripper then the Star Mako..

I have a lot of champ discs in my bag but my star TB has the best grip and my champ TB goes not as far and is more OS so I like to mix. Echo star is a totally different thing, I cant stand them they are so blasted flippy and fly like nothing like original mold.

I've heard it both ways and innova is irking me lately with inconsistent runs and their plastic is not that great compared to lat, at least discraft is making the TI plastic. Why can't innova make 11x like discs or CE plastic again?

CE or 11x stuff wont ever come back. you can still get some really quality stuff from those eras for not too much money. we'll see about discraft titanium. i honestly dont have really high hopes for it. it may be awesome though, we just dont really know yet.

Necro bump - having acquired a couple star plastic discs recently, and an S-Line Discmania disc, are these really the same, and has Discmania achieved better consistency with their plastics (even though made by Innova?).

I have to say I like the feel of Star over Pro and Champion in terms of grip.

I think you answered your own question. Innova manufactures the discs at their facilities. Any, and all manufacturers of injection molded plastic are subject to variables in their products.

I agree with you. Star (S) plastic is very durable, and nice and grippy.

CE or 11x stuff wont ever come back. you can still get some really quality stuff from those eras for not too much money. we'll see about discraft titanium. i honestly dont have really high hopes for it. it may be awesome though, we just dont really know yet.

CE will never come back because it is to hard to destroy. Disc sales go down with the product doesn't break so the customer has to buy another.

Does anyone else ever notice it gets gashes and nicks on the rims and beads quicker than champion

Yes. Champion is far superior in durability to Star. Star's not that good, IMO. Lat 64 Gold line and Westside Tournament kill it in appearance, feel, flight, and durability. Star also has the least glide of Innova's plastics, and most anyone else's for that matter.