• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

State of Disc Golf 2014

"Trophy only" for AM payouts.

I guess it's to push more people to play pro?

Not all of us can peak at 1000-rated. Some will always be better than others regardless of practice time or effort.

I always liked fingering through plastic and selecting some choice discs/gear/etc. "Trophy only" doesn't entice me to want to play more tourneys, it makes me want to play less tourneys, and take more trips to great courses instead.

"Trophy only" for AM payouts.

I guess it's to push more people to play pro?

Not all of us can peak at 1000-rated. Some will always be better than others regardless of practice time or effort.

I always liked fingering through plastic and selecting some choice discs/gear/etc. "Trophy only" doesn't entice me to want to play more tourneys, it makes me want to play less tourneys, and take more trips to great courses instead.

Disc Stalker is running Trophy Only for the AMs in most/all of their tournies this year ... but it's only $15 entry fee for 2 rated rounds. The cheap price is a definite plus.

However if the price is not any cheaper, than the player's packs better be suuuuuuper sweet.

Wrong.

Our sales figures help us know what to order, not results from the survey. This was just some information that we wanted to gather and publish for the disc golf community, and for the benefit of many.

Go check out the publications from this at infinitediscs.com/blog/
lets reserve the right to judge after your next few installments (we still have 6 to go). In my opinion you were still fishing for sales information. and there is nothing wrong with that. but please, by all means call out more of your potential customers.

Disc Stalker is running Trophy Only for the AMs in most/all of their tournies this year ... but it's only $15 entry fee for 2 rated rounds. The cheap price is a definite plus.

However if the price is not any cheaper, than the player's packs better be suuuuuuper sweet.

Looking at the Carolina Clash in particular, the entry fee for PDGA-dues-paying Ams is $40 to play one course, three times. Flyers says "players pack value exceeds entry fee," but I don't know that I'll enter to find out whether it is or not....Renny is one of my least favorite courses in Charlotte, and three rounds there doesn't really entice me, especially for the Clash which IMHO should showcase more than one course per division, in a town with so many great courses.

Just my opinions, and I'm a total jerk, so take it with a lake of salt. :\

Latest posts