• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Steady

20160507_141121-1_zpszguvqdac.jpg

Super stiff blend Steady! Something similar to Discraft CT, and my new absolute favorite putter.

Bit more on the stable side. They actually fly A LOT like prolines. Good hss and a nice little hookup!

How do these compare to the Legacy Clozer. I know the numbers are pretty similar. I like the idea of a thicker rim, as the Clozer's doesn't feel real thick. Is the D-Line plastic hard and slick or is it grippy? Thanks.

Beautiful! Can you compare the stability to other putters as far as driving? I have experience with the first gen Z FLX Challengers, and Prodigy PA1s. Just curious.

KP

I just got them an hour ago and my mom said I can't go out until I clean my room. I'll try to report back tomorrow.

I visited the Disc Golf Center a few weeks ago, and I noticed they had a special "Pro Series" blend Steady released for the DGPT. It's like a hard, durable D Line blend, kind of like the new KC Pro blend. I haven't felt up a Stone Steady so I can't compare, but it was stiff with some pretty good grip. They have them in black and what DGC calls "Cream" but was more like a swirly antique white.

the more i use the steady for putting the more i love it

i guess i'm suprised not many like this disc

over the years i have thrown Avairs, Darts, Wizards, Magnets, Challengers & Zones, i have also tried many others. the Steady is the best for me hands down.

the more i use the steady for putting the more i love it

i guess i'm suprised not many like this disc

over the years i have thrown Avairs, Darts, Wizards, Magnets, Challengers & Zones, i have also tried many others. the Steady is the best for me hands down.

It's based off the Banger GT, yeah? A Banger without the groove top. I've never thrown my Steady (it's one of the Midnight Flyer runs that is going on the wall) but I love throwing Banger GTs.

If the Steady was to the Banger GT, like the Buzzz is to the Buzzz GT, I'd guess that the Steady has a touch less HSS and more glide.

i've only thrown the Banger GT a few times and it was several years ago, wish i could make a better side by side comparison.

it does have nice glide, and finishes very straight.

very controllable as a putting putter.

the winds don't seem to push it around as much as some putters

what i like is that it feels a just bit shallower than some of the others so i dont get it caught on my fingers. i'm getting nice clean releases.

Here are the profile shots from Infinitediscs. I had to resize them though, and might not have matched them up very well.
Steady on right / BangerGT, left:

Attachments

• Banger and steady.jpg
    Banger and steady.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 38
The Steady is a great mold. I wanted to make it my main putter but the base plastic is absolutely terrible. They are still hard to come by in premium plastic and I have invested in challengers. Such a waste of a good putter mold. If dga made this in better plastics sooner it could have been a success. I feel a lot of ppl have forgotten about it nowadays

thanks for the profile pics Howl, you are tight, Steady must be based on the Banger GT.