• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Straight upshots/drives: Axiom Proxy vs Lat64 Pure

I have bagged both a proxy and a pure, for me the choice is a proxy, eclipse or soft neutron being my favorites...

Between the two, which one do you all like for putting duties?

I am looking to change up my putter and like low profile, shallow putters. I'm trying to find one that is an all-around putter, with the exception of overstable shots.

I am looking to change up my putter and like low profile, shallow putters. I'm trying to find one that is an all-around putter, with the exception of overstable shots.
I've spent quite some time putting with both, so I'll weigh in.

If you like very soft plastics then definitely the Pure and if you like stiff plastics then I'd say Proxy. If you're more of a medium person then either could work.

I definitely prefer the Pure for putting, it's a hair slower, molds up a little flatter in base plastics and (this is very anecdotal) seems to have fewer rollaways.

With that said I'd say they're very similar overall.

Me and a friend were discussing this last night in fact.

Personally I think the flatter envy and proxy are better throwing putters, and the deeper anode and ion make better putting putters.

Me and a friend were discussing this last night in fact.

Personally I think the flatter envy and proxy are better throwing putters, and the deeper anode and ion make better putting putters.
I'm not crazy about deep putters for putting, so I'm looking for one that can fit the bill for both. Not only does it need to be shallow, but it needs to feel good in my hand. I've putted and approached with the Pilot for some years but have recently decided that I didn't like the way it fit in my hand when compared to other low-profile, shallow putters. Odd I know since I've spent years with it. So, I'm looking for something different.

I got the overstable-stable slot filled but needing one that is stable to understable. I think I've narrowed down to the Proxy, Pure, and Chief, but I'm open to other suggestions

every proxy ive owned started out as a straight flying disc fyi, with eclipse being a touch more overstable than the others. they take a bit to beat in to what id consider flippy, and even then its a gentle turn.

I would much rather putt with the Proxy because the Pure has a sharp bottom and I like the putter to slide out of my hand. That being said, the Pure comes in way better base plastic.

I would much rather putt with the Proxy because the Pure has a sharp bottom and I like the putter to slide out of my hand. That being said, the Pure comes in way better base plastic.
Have you tried the Proxy in Electron?

I have not. I've tried Ions, Anodes, Envy and Atom though. Just thought they were very meh as putting plastic goes.

I like the medium electron plastic. I've tried the firm and don't really like it.

I think it all chunks up and warps as bad as waxy DX but it costs more. As innovative and forward thinking as MVP is with plastic tech it's kinda pathetic that they still have inferior putting plastic compared to like Gateway.

Yup. Pures wear in better. They get finer dings and scratches. They get flippier too.

Proxy will look like heck, but still be a little OS for floaty goodness

If you want a putter to rip from the teepad, get the envy, they are only a touch more os than a proxy, but that's all the more I need.

Although I'm not putting with them right now, I've spent many months putting with regular electron envies. I've been very pleased with the plastic durability myself. I usually enjoy putting with a seasoned electron envy, so any fresh one gets a few one-disc rounds in the woods. Sure, electron nicks and gouges, but heating it up and smoothing it out works fine.

In the end, I did surrender to the logic that a slower, deeper disc makes for a better putter. Missing with an envy leads to a fair number of three-putts. And powering down envies on <200' throws can get awkward. But I'm far from pro level and it doesn't really make a difference to my scores switching between an envy and a wizard/aviar.