• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Straight upshots/drives: Axiom Proxy vs Lat64 Pure

murybcm

I have the itch for a point and shoot, straight flying putter. I think I have it narrowed down to the Proxy and the Pure. How do they compare/differ? Could the judge be put into this category as well?

Thank you!

I've only thrown the Pure, but it was absolutely one of the straightest flying discs I've thrown, especially after a little seasoning in Zero line (whatever your preferred stiffness)....

I've also never thrown a Polecat, but they get some hard love on here as a balls straight point n shooter also. Maybe Koda or Tbird or some of the other PC lovers will chime in?

The neutron ion in medium after a little wear is by far the straightest disc I have thrown. It took 5 years to beat one from that stage of straight to having a turn.
My experience is mostly with early runs, so hopefully someone else can chime in that the newer ones are this kind of money once a little broken in.

Opto pure is close, but does not have as high of a resistance to turn.

it's a polecat.

but srlsy though,

opto pure and zero pure are great bets since zero has some flip for turnover/hyzerflip drives and will power down nicely, the opto will drive straight for point/shoot better if you've got good power. zero soft grabs grass like velcro.

i used to run this setup

zero hard for turnover drives
opto for workhorse duty, holding hyzer/anhyzer/straight
zero soft for upshots. get it nice and beaten in, it's fabulous.

no experience with the proxy, but that's one side of the coin. available in multiple plastics for multiple functions.

I love the pure and agree. But if you are talking straightest generally broken in stable is straighter, not necessarily more versatile. While I think a broken in ion is straightest you see which I bag below. If I had two putter molds I would also carry an opto pure. It could replace a mercy or two no sweat, but I prefer the mercy for putts and multi directional drives.

I've only thrown the Proxy, but I have a feeling it's very much like a Pure. The Proxy is very straight on the approach, with just a tiny fade at the end, if thrown flat.

it's a polecat.

but srlsy though,

opto pure and zero pure are great bets since zero has some flip for turnover/hyzerflip drives and will power down nicely, the opto will drive straight for point/shoot better if you've got good power. zero soft grabs grass like velcro.

i used to run this setup

zero hard for turnover drives
opto for workhorse duty, holding hyzer/anhyzer/straight
zero soft for upshots. get it nice and beaten in, it's fabulous.

no experience with the proxy, but that's one side of the coin. available in multiple plastics for multiple functions.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I was going to type

Proxy/envy/ion.

Pures are neat but proxy is straighter when new. Pure will have some fade like envy in opto. Ion makes a judge look guilty.

I have the itch for a point and shoot, straight flying putter. I think I have it narrowed down to the Proxy and the Pure. How do they compare/differ? Could the judge be put into this category as well?

Thank you!

I haven't thrown the Proxy or the Pure, but the Judge I have thrown, and it goes as straight as can be for me.

My son is notorious for turn and burn, but we started playing putter only rounds, and he's been throwing his Pure nice and straight, and longer too.

Never thrown Axiom, but the Pure is awesome.

I find the Proxy to be more tolerant of OAT, which I find useful on putter drives. Also, it just sits down at the end of its flight with almost no fade. For me, it is point and shoot all day.

You might want to check out the mercy. I have 2 pures, a medium mercy and a strawberry mercy in the bag. Thrown flat Rhbh, the pure(TM2 or ZH)has a tendency to fly from left to right with zero fade at the end. The soft mercy will have a straighter flight with small fade. Medium mercy is straight, with more fade.

I love my mercy, but definately has some fade, which is a good thing. One of my ezes it losong itit's fade nicely. Opto pure for premium plastic is STRAIGHT

I've gone back to my Opto Pure here and there. My most recent time was back-to-back with my Nova, and the Pure is longer, faster, and less HSS giving it more wiggle down the fairway. I like the Nova better for an approach disc since it's slower. I have a couple Proxys coming in the mail tomorrow, I'm excited.

Probably pretty similar discs, overall. I like the Proxy a lot. It overlaps a little with the Envy, especially my beat Envy, they're pretty similar on full power rips.

But the Proxy is pretty straight even powered down, and with quality snap/spin, will hold a nice anny powered down as well, much better for that shot than the Envy.

My guess is you'd be happy with the flight of either disc, so maybe the best thing, if you have the chance, is to handle both and see which plastic/feel you prefer.

I've played with both and the Proxy replaced my Pure. The Proxy is new but flies straighter then my beat up Pure. I love my Envy and the Proxy feels the exact same in my hand. The best advice so far is go to try to handle them in a store and you'll know what works and feels best for you.

I wish they made the proxy in the soft neutron already(cue rocthecourse soft proton proxy:popcorn::p). Man this disc is slippery in the cold, but it is absolutely straight.

Just put in an order than included an Opto Pure. I figured I couldn't go wrong either way and I want to try that Lat 64 plastic. I can't wait.

Latest posts