• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Straightest Flying Mid...

treehorn

Birdie Member
Of course we all know this is not an exact science but I'm really struggling with my mid selection right now.

I'm in need of a Mid in the 172g range that will fly fairly straight with medium power.

Any suggestions?

Try out the Gateway Karma or Element

Both are low profile. Karma tends to be more overstable to stable, Element tends to be Stable to understable.

kc pro roc, or champ roc 3, elite x plastic buzz tend to be super straight at mid power. The dynamic disc truth in prime plastic is a very straight flyer too, just know its a mid that flirts with fairway driver range.

Last edited:
What is medium power for you? What are you throwing now? What are the flight characteristics of your current straight mid-range?

I think there are loads of good answers to this question. What works best for you depends a lot on your preference for hand feel, plastic, manufacturer, etc. Do you like a deeper mid with a bead? Try a DX Roc or champ Roc3. Do you like shallower rims and more premium plastic options? Truth, Buzzz, or Compass are good choices. Do you like Gateway baseline plastics? Element. Do you like overmolds? Axis, Alias, or Atlas. There are loads more to choose from. I think just about every manufacturer has a pretty decent lineup of straight mids honestly.

Straightest mid I have ever thrown is a Comet. Beat up Roc is pretty close.

Honorable mention goes to the Tangent. Compass is a great do all mid as well.

Throwing a Compass, Tursas.

I'm looking for a mid I can throw without full power and get some decent strait shots (finesse).

I have know problem with Putters, Fairway and Drivers it's just the mids giving me a problem..

Throwing a Compass, Tursas.

I'm looking for a mid I can throw without full power and get some decent strait shots (finesse).

I have know problem with Putters, Fairway and Drivers it's just the mids giving me a problem..

I can throw my MVP atom putter super straight with practically any amount of power. I drive it across the park when I play rounds with my putter just for fun. Haven't found a hole I couldn't par with just the atom.. That's just a thought, get an ATOM putter and try it instead of a dedicated mid, just to see how it goes. Don't get soft plastic though. PLUS the rubber outer rim can take hits and not get to beat up.

My Go-to is the Buzzz
If the buzzz is not completely straight for you id recommend a prodigy M4, Ive really been liking this disc lately. It is a touch US but flies great on hyzer-flips or slow turnovers for me.

This is all meaningless without knowing the distance range you decide a putter won't cut it but a mid will.

My vote is for the Discraft Heat. Straighten flier I've ever thrown. The only reason I don't bag it as my regular mid is it skips and slides like a mofo - good for a driver, bad for a mid.