• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Straightest Flying Mid...

Proxy is the answer. Someone else said Alias, and that was a thought I had, but the Alias requires some power to not fade. The Proxy is very Alias like, but powers down better for finesse shots.

Truth, the OG one is super straight. You can also turn it over with too much power or the wrong angle but thrown flat it's an arrow.

I would use opto pure, or maybe my seasoned meteor, for shorter distance.
Longer distance would be opto pure, or less seasoned newer meteor.

I feel like nobody here has thrown a mako3. Lazer straight mid range. I mean like on a perfectly straight line

Last edited:
Nice plastic for sure. And yeah, Mako 3 is about as straight as it gets. I'm sitting here looking at an ice blue one as we speak.

I agree with those who have said to try a beat Roc or Comet. I disagree with the Mako3 suggestions. They aren't laser straight at full power, unless you don't throw very far. McBeast uses a brand new Champion Mako3 as his turnover mid. He even hyzer flips them & they still go right. I'm not saying I have Pauls power but I have a few Mako3s & they fly like that for me as well.

PMD3s are straightest for me, glidey and fadeless. Totally opened my eyes to a whole different tunnelshot game and confidence that it is possible to go dead straight even on long tunnel shots that you cannot clear the tunnel with one shot but must land in the middle and continue with yet another tunnel shot.

what the hell is a pmdthree. and I forgot to mention the makothree i think it is dead straight as well.

I agree with those who have said to try a beat Roc or Comet. I disagree with the Mako3 suggestions. They aren't laser straight at full power, unless you don't throw very far. McBeast uses a brand new Champion Mako3 as his turnover mid. He even hyzer flips them & they still go right. I'm not saying I have Pauls power but I have a few Mako3s & they fly like that for me as well.

Sorry, I was referring to midrange approach shots regarding Mako 3 straightness. My mistake. Yeah, driving with it's another story.

Z Buzzz is going to be your best bet. When you start throwing farther you have to hyzer flip it, but it's one of my favorite hyzer flip discs.

It's probably too fast for finesse shots but the Evidence is straighter than a sober white guy dancing.

(The Comet guys are right though)