• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strangest Place You Ever Found A Disc

My dad and his buddi used to go pop bottlin at the local car washes ...

he found a bag and iin it was a
Ching Y2k Bomb
I dont remeber what one but an Airplane logo Lightning disc
a 9x Kc Pro roc ....
and another disc i dont remember ..

Sad to say i didnt know anything about disc golf and i lost the roc in a river :(

now that effer would have ben worth a very shiney penny

I found a stack of three discs in the middle of the fairway at Parma DGC. Someone had obviously set them down to throw and forgotten them. They all had "Pauly D" on them, but no #. One however, had a faded name and number on it so I called.

The guy said he lost the disc a year and a half ago, and asked where I found it. He had never played Parma before, but on this New Year's Day he was pulling into the parking lot while I was on the phone with him. He couldn't believe it! Two holes later he got his Monarch back. Friggin' small world!

Found one last week with a number, and called it. He had not lived in Rochester for over two years, and was now in Brooklyn. He said I could keep that one.

Recently I gave my buddy my white Star Max to try out as he was looking for a more overstable distance driver. He ended up losing it on hole #10 of CSUMB Oaks. We spent a good 15 minutes searching for the disc, before he spotted a white disc. He retrieved the disc, and it was a Star Max, with the same color stamp, but it was a practically brand new Max with no name and number on it. Never found my Star Max. But of course we couldn't complain haha. Not really finding a disc in a weird spot story, but was still weird none the less.

A Month or less ago I found a glo tourney disc in the woods at griggs.
Called the guy and got it back to him when we met up to play a round at OSU.
This week, found a Monarch in the creek at Griggs, with his name and number on it... told him maybe I need to start playing a hole behind him at that course!

Found one last week with a number, and called it. He had not lived in Rochester for over two years, and was now in Brooklyn. He said I could keep that one.

did it say josh reed with a 757 area code? that's my buddy, he told me you called him the last time we talked.

Found a Sidewinder with a Metalocalypse dye by the teepad for hole #1 at Parma. No name/No number, I left it at the Kiosk.

Found a non inked candy pro firebird in front of my apartment complex no where near a disc golf course.

True story. I was jumping 8 feet off the ground in excitement. Now booter owns it though. :(

Found a non inked candy pro firebird in front of my apartment complex no where near a disc golf course.

True story. I was jumping 8 feet off the ground in excitement. Now booter owns it though. :(

Whaaat? That would make me more excited than finding a crisp clean $50 bill on the ground. haha

did it say josh reed with a 757 area code? that's my buddy, he told me you called him the last time we talked.

Most certainly was! Small world yet again, and the story just got better!:popcorn:

It was a blue Force. Funny thing is, I keep finding Forces (3 this winter) and I can't throw them. Too fast, so I trade them for slower stuff. Wish I could find something I could use!

Hole 4 at brown deer in milwaukee it was after the great flood of 2010 and down the fairway someways was a freakin pond threw my force hit a branch and fell flat into the middle of it i came back later with shorts and different shoes to try to find it. The ironic part to the story is that i didnt find my force but i found a dx shark swimmin around in that little pond.

My buddy (who lives about 2 miles from the local course) found an archangel sitting in his front yard when he went to let his dog out the other day. When he flipped it over it had one of the local high school's Phys Ed Department initials on it. (They occasionally bus the kids down to throw during PE). The only thing we could think of is that a random bus driver found it and tossed it out the window either on his way to or from the bus barn, which is only a few blocks away from his house. His house is definitely not along a school bus route so it probably wasn't a student. Weird.

This explains it all.

I've been trying to lose my Archangel for weeks now.

I found minis on numerous occasions in some of the deepest, thickest shule you can imagine.

I found a new (but chewed up) DX Shark on a ski slope in the middle of winter where there are no DG courses within 30 miles.

Latest posts