• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Streamline Lift

I haven't thrown a Lift but it sounds like an Orion LS in Sirius or Quantum plastic.
What are you all's thoughts on that comparison?

that's fairly accurate, I'd say. I haven't thrown an OLS in over a decade but I remember it being a more HSS sidewinder. The Lift flies a lot more like 9/5/-1/1.5

Is the lift typically more stable than an insanity?

Yeah.

To my experience, from most to least stable Lifts: eclipse -> cosmic neutron/neutron -> proton (dunno about stock runs, only thrown the SE ones).

My (ordinary runs) Insanities have all been less stable than any of those

So I threw a new eclipse Lift fro the first time today.

Flight numbers suggested a Valkyrie like flight, but I was getting a Firebird like flight, pretty OS.

Is it the glow plastic?

I also threw a Lift for the first time today. Proton, unknown weight.

Decent fairway driver. It turns fairly easily, but isn't super flippy. Pretty true to the assigned flight numbers at 9, 5, -2, 2.

IMO better than the Insanity. Less flippy, and a mellower late fade.

Lift reminded me a lot of a Valkyrie. Good disc for hyzerflips, and easy to throw for pretty much anyone.

Currently using the Proton Lift as my straight long fairway, and it fills that slot well. Enjoy using it in the woods… looking forward to the upcoming Electron release for risky water holes…

Haven't thrown a lift, but it's second cousin the Insanity is my default driver. They feel pretty much the same in the hand as well.

IMO better than the Insanity. Less flippy, and a mellower late fade.

Same plastic? I would have guessed them to be near twins. My fission insanity isn't super flippy but can be pulled right if the situation requires.

Same plastic? I would have guessed them to be near twins. My fission insanity isn't super flippy but can be pulled right if the situation requires.

I think the Insanity I threw was Neutron. Lift has better hand feel, and more dome. Every Insanity I've ever seen seems so flat. With the Insanity it would either turn over entirely, or not at all. Lift was straighter and didn't want to fade as soon.

Honestly, the Lift throws like a Thunderbird with some turn. Feels the same in your hand as well.