• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggestions on What to Throw on This Hole?

Next time I'm on the hole I'll take a picture of the tree-line up top - throwing backhand anny is pretty tough because you have to throw almost directly overhead because the window is so small. You're throwing "up" more than you're throwing "out" simply because of the branches being crazy this time of year.

The hole itself from teepad to pin, I believe, is 245 ft.

What's goofy about it? It gives an overhand, sky-anny, big lefty hyzer/righty flick or if you don't have those, a straight shot you have to place long enough for a clean upshot to par.

I like tight holes.

Show me a fairway. Placing a straight shot for a lay up par on a short par 3 is not a good hole.

I like tight holes too, this isn't one of them.

I'm throwing a sky-high forehand over the row of trees to the right of the tee/left of the basket with my most overstable disc and hoping I get close. Not going to mess with trying to thread through those trees with a lower shot unless I'm playing solo and willing to try higher risk shots.

RHBH roller right up the middle. Turns right into the basket. Or a very stable driver on a big anny up and over the trees.

Last edited:
I would throw a thumber with my Z flick. without too much effort it will fly left, come back to center, and spike down about 250 feet away from me. Follow through all the way, and definitely ice your shoulder after. I was thumbing my Epic 400+ Saturday, feeling really good about life and the way things were going, and I forgot to ice my shoulder and it is still sore. Last year I religiously used this thing https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XKRO5S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I didn't get the multiple day soreness one experiences after a day of hucking overhead.