• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sycamore Trails Disc Golf

texasjdj

Anyone who is semi-good, or at least willing to tough out the 18 holes of Sycamore Trails Disc Golf Course wanna make a group or already have one I can join please? I am kind of new to disc golf, however I believe I'm semi-good and would like to go up against players most likely better than me(attempt at humility, it doesn't matter how good you are, I just want to test myself against someone other than my younger sister). I'm 19, and usually available before 1pm, and have at least one day off per week. I am unavailable for sundays however, but any other day might work. Please respond, looking forward to some tough matches (or fun ones, its more the group atmosphere that I'm looking for, a bit of a challenge would be cool though).

Didn't see anything obvious as a regular event at Sycamore Trails, but you should definitely touch base with the Dayton Club. :thmbup:

Thanks!

Thanks definitely did, found out how bad I am. Turns out I was comparing myself to the wrong people. I can say for sure, random guys playing ultimate frisbee are nowhere near as good as the tournament I played in. I am horrible compared to those players, I thought getting par was pretty good. They think getting an ace is pretty good. haha man it really showed me how much room there is for improvement.

Hey, don't sweat it. I try to avoid comparing my game to others, because we all come from different places, skill levels, experience, etc. That's why I really like using the score book here: I compare myself to the course, and keep trying to inch forward on 'personal bests'. Getting a birdie on a hole you've only parred before is an accomplishment. I play to see the (occasional) sight of a well-thrown shot. One a round keeps you coming back.

Now, getting with others and playing with some of the really great folks we've got in the disc golf community...that will help your game. You'll see them make shots you haven't thought of. You'll have your jaw drop sometimes, and then sometimes, you'll get to see someone whose game you really admire, show that they're human after all. When they handle screw ups with class, that's a learning experience too. I guess what I'm saying is, enjoy this sport and keep 'em flying! :D

Latest posts