• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taking breaks

I've played once in about a month, and probably have two field sessions under my belt in that time span. I should be hitting the course again on Sunday or Monday (before I can do field work again), so it should be interesting to see how it goes. Moving and working a ton sure do put a damper on the prime disc golf months... That's okay though. You'll still find me on the course in December wearing one glove and keeping my right hand in my pocket.

:thmbdown: I have to disagree with this one

well i mean an ace race is a series of running at the basket. normal mechanics work here, I don't see this training regiment unless you are so hardcore you pick up the discs in advance after someone has an event play another after you learn the disc.

Is that the training you are referring to?

Hadn't played in 2 weeks. Went to dubs at the Herm and shot -13 with my partner for 2nd. Not great, but not bad either. Putting was on. Driving was a tad off, but not too bad.

Probably will play a little more in the next couple weeks as prep for SECO.

I play everyday for exercise, but I only play at 100% a few times a week. So I'm constantly working on my short game daily and focus on drives when I play @ 100%.

I play everyday for exercise, but I only play at 100% a few times a week. So I'm constantly working on my short game daily and focus on drives when I play @ 100%.

Does this mean you aren't really trying half of the time or that you have injuries that are hampering you?

well i mean an ace race is a series of running at the basket. normal mechanics work here, I don't see this training regiment unless you are so hardcore you pick up the discs in advance after someone has an event play another after you learn the disc.

Is that the training you are referring to?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here, but I feel that any type of practice is going to help, whether its training for an Ace Race, putting contest, an actual tourney on any course, a driving competition, etc. But especially since this is an Ace Race any type of training that is going to get your accuracy stronger would be beneficial, seeing the whole objective is not to lay up and get your two or three, the objective is to hit the target with one throw with no wiggle room. Maybe you can explain what you are saying above a little better?

Latest posts