• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Taking it to another level

Who was in the wrong?

• The owner of the house

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • The owner of the disc

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • Both

Votes: 51 37.5%

• Total voters
On holes 13, 14 and 15 at Mountain Crest Park there are signs posted that say if you throw your disc over the wall it is gone. You can NOT go over and get it....it is gone. They should post that at this course if it is a continuous problem.

.....just sayin'.

Oh....and it's the throwers fault for not controlling the throw. It's the same thing if a batter throws his bat in the stands.

Sorry....this is a course in NW Vegas area. Forgot to mention that.

Private_Property.gif

I wish I could give rep points. Cause I LOVE this sign!

I see I'm in the minority by voting with the owner. Speaking as one who has had his property rights violated on a few occasions, if you're on my land without my permission, I'll be out there with a gun also. I've had too many incidents where people do damage (accidentally and purposely) and try to run off. The owner is probably fed up with people trespassing. Particularly if the trespasser is climbing on his house.

I believe it was Al Capone who said, "You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

We have a similar problem at my local park -- one of the holes kinda goes by a skate park where all the area punks hang out. It is the last hole and goes uphill over a slight rise -- when the wind is blowing, a disc can easily get blown off course into the skatepark. It isn't a big deal -- everyone is good about yelling heads and I've never seen anyone get hit. But, the skateboarders hate the golfers and either hide the discs and resell them later, or throw the disc in the other direction before the person gets there. They're scum. :rolleyes: What's stupid is the skatepark was put in LONG after the disc course was there and the golfers do absolutely nothing to bother the skaters. Yet, for some reason, they hate us all. :rolleyes:

Garret

^^^This is why when I play Edora we try to have spotter on 18.

That being said we lost 3 hole at one of our home course b/c of house complaints. Weird playing a 6 hole course.:thmbdown:

if someone is climbing up my house in the day time i may only grab a club and approach them

if it was night time, the intruder would be fine as long as he can run faster than 1500 mph (9mm bullet)

Living in south Texas, the "pull a gun, ask questions later" attitude is prevalent when it comes to protecting life and property.

I have to admit, I've done it myself more than once.

My family has a 10,000 acre ranch in Del Rio, 5 miles from the Mexican border. As soon as I pull through the gate, I load up and strap on my pistol and rifle. Of course, our ranch is a major runway for illegals and drug runners.

Seems a little harsh but it's a way of life down here. The disc golfer should have gone to the front door and asked. If the home owner said no, no harm, no foul and no guns.

I wonder if any charges were filed on the disc golfer and if he got his disc back?

Woodpecker

Last edited:
Primary blame belongs to the thrower, but if this is a common enough occurrence to warrant this type of action, I'd say bad course design is also to blame.

My family has a 10,000 acre ranch in Del Rio,

Man I feel for you. I just have to put up with people dumping trash, cutting trees and driving too fast. Most of them are pretty understanding when you call them on it. The people you have to deal with, YIKES!

Oops!:doh: I meant to say the owner of the disc, but I clicked owner of the house instead :doh::doh::doh:
So disregard one of those votes in the minority.

I bet he doesnt go in anyones backyard without knocking on the door first.

Was just out there today and notice it. I know the exact guy that does it!!! We got in to it with him one time. We still shot, he looked POed.

This guy and his wife have nothing better to do with their lives. Honestly. They steadily watch out there window or from their porch just waiting for the next passing disc golfer to shoot their crazy stares at and make comment.

In this case, both were wrong. If you pitch into someones yard, go to the front door and politely explain the situation. Don't climb on peoples property.
And he should have just given the guy his disc back.

This guy is a total nut job though.

It doesn matter if he is a nut job or not, someone trespassed on his property. If everyone knows hes like then then go knock on the door. And if you dont then you get what you get.

This is spot on!

WAY OFF BUDDY!!!! If you shank one over the fence anywhere at Bicentenial Park, well, whomever the archer may be, just threw one crappy ass shot!!!!

There is NOTHING Wrong with the design of this course. You might as well call any course that plays OB fence poorly designed. Pfffttt

This is the hole --- Red spot marks the bucket

Attachments

• hole 6.jpg
    hole 6.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts