• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Taurus

I picked up a Taurus for the neglected OS mid slot in my bag. I basically bought it for one course (the Lakeview 9 hole in Middleton). I like it for that so far. All but 2 holes there have a 200'-240' hyzer line. I've been playing glow with only the Taurus, throwing standstills and it's been money.

Not sure if it will stay in the bag, since I could do the same thing with my Jokeri, but I made room for it, so we'll see.

Has anybody thrown enough of them in different colors to comment on if it has an effect on stability? Bought a pink one at GGGT last year because it had the highest PLH out of the colors available. Been long enough that I can't remember what the others were like.

Has anybody thrown enough of them in different colors to comment on if it has an effect on stability? Bought a pink one at GGGT last year because it had the highest PLH out of the colors available. Been long enough that I can't remember what the others were like.

Color doesn't matter. That high PLH was not due to the color but to the cooling process. You can get high or low PLH with any color.

Wait, couldn't that mean color matters? Different batches with different cooling times.

What am I missing?

I believe this to be correlation vs causation. The plastic mix, run, and the environmental conditions associate with that run are probably what determines the plh. Often, you can associate a color with a certain run, especially if it is a small run of discs where all of one color is run at the same time. For a company like Innova, they might run multiple colors in the same day/ run. Then a week or so later, do another run with multiple colors. These two runs could be different (although the plastic mix will likely be identical and therefore prevent too much difference). So although color may be correlated with a certain run and thus the plh of that run, it does not mean the color causes the plh to be any different.

I believe this to be correlation vs causation. The plastic mix, run, and the environmental conditions associate with that run are probably what determines the plh. Often, you can associate a color with a certain run, especially if it is a small run of discs where all of one color is run at the same time. For a company like Innova, they might run multiple colors in the same day/ run. Then a week or so later, do another run with multiple colors. These two runs could be different (although the plastic mix will likely be identical and therefore prevent too much difference). So although color may be correlated with a certain run and thus the plh of that run, it does not mean the color causes the plh to be any different.

Yep.

In and of itself, color does not cause nor determine stability, and color (in and of itself) cannot be expected to be the indicator of the stability of that disc.

I have one pink and one lime green, both with the millennium bar stamp.they fly the same to me, almost gator-like.

I have one pink and one lime green, both with the millennium bar stamp.they fly the same to me, almost gator-like.

Right on, this is the kind of answer I was looking for. Didn't mean to open a can of worms about color vs. stability vs. PLH.

Pretty sure nobody thought color determines anything.

Maybe a certain color batch had different cooling time. Speculation here but seems reasonable.

Pretty sure nobody thought color determines anything.

Maybe a certain color batch had different cooling time. Speculation here but seems reasonable.

Seems relatively safe in this case, as all of one color was likely run at the same time. But until we find out how many discs, colors, weights are run in one day, it is just speculation.

Seems relatively safe in this case, as all of one color was likely run at the same time. But until we find out how many discs, colors, weights are run in one day, it is just speculation.

Sure. I was just questioning someone's statement that color has nothing to do with it.

Could at least be an indicator.

Wait wait wait on the color thing - yes "correlation does not imply causation..." That's fine, correlation is good enough in this instance. If pink is correlated with high stability, that's all this guy needed to know - maybe he's buying online and doesn't have a chance to compare PLH. If it's not, or if in this mold's case color doesn't seem to be associated with one more stable run than another, then forget it.

Coloring agents absolutely have an effect on the blend of the plastic, and can change how the disc performs due to molding and/or cooling properties. Weighting agents and glow pigments similarly and sometimes predictably manifest themselves as flying in a particular fashion.

Color additives absolutely affect the plastic composition and cooling. And if a certain run of green or pink discs had a minor flaw inherent to that run it is certainly good to know about.

Anyone saying that you don't need to consider color and stability is not a discerning disc golfer.

Can someone post a profile picture side by side with a Champ Rancho Roc?

Not a Champ Rancho, but here are profile pics against current run KC Pro (yellow) and Pinnacle Ghost (pale pink). Looks like bottom is identical to Rancho Roc but with blunter top.

Yep.

In and of itself, color does not cause nor determine stability, and color (in and of itself) cannot be expected to be the indicator of the stability of that disc.

Wasnt it a pretty known thing like a decade ago that certain Discraft colors flew more OS and US?

Latest posts