• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] TD Rush

elmexdela

* Ace Member *
i just bought three s td's to hopefully compliment my pd's and the td is pretty netural. i couldnt turn the td and thrown flat it flies pretty straight and ends with a tiny fade. I was expecting a sidewinder like understable. I am throwing about 350. (real distance, not internet distance)

should i wait for them to beat in slightly? do they become useful discs? am i better off beating the piss out of a p pd?

i just bought three s td's to hopefully compliment my pd's and the td is pretty netural. i couldnt turn the td and thrown flat it flies pretty straight and ends with a tiny fade. I was expecting a sidewinder like understable. I am throwing about 350. (real distance, not internet distance)

should i wait for them to beat in slightly? do they become useful discs? am i better off beating the piss out of a p pd?

I have one, and it sure doesn't fit the definition of under-stable. I think I've read that was why they made the TD2 Fever, to be the disc the Rush was supposed to be.

Straight stable disc for my power, which is less than yours: s curve is my best shot with this disc.

Knock the new disc smell off of it and it should develop some smooth turn pretty soon. For me it's got just the right amount of turn for hyzer flips that S out predictably. I'm throwing pretty close to the same distance. People say a beat PPD can do the same thing, but this way you don't have to wait as long and it will hold the sweet spot longer. Def not a sidewinder initially tho

im assuming once its hits a few trees it will start to fly like a sidewinder/roadrunner ish?

Great S shot Driver and straight Control distance driver.

I bagged the C-Line and the S-Line for a while and they are truly great discs. They are sneaky Long just like the Freak(PD).

I was getting mine out to 400ft sometimes 410ft and it was just so easy to Control. I would still be using it,but found after a while the PD and TD would overlap just a bit.

I had a similar experience with both the S-CD Craze and S-TD2 Fever. Both took considerable beating in to fly like their ratings with my noodle-arm.

i feel like my p pd is going to beat in faster and become mroe understable than the s td

I have a seasoned 164g S-line TD and its just starting to turn well. Its becoming my best distance driver.

I carry 4 td's and the only one that is sidewinder understable is a beat 168 non plus c-td. My most stable is a 168 +mold c-td. I have two s-td's, 168 and 173 that are in between the two.

I throw these things for 80% of my shots that are over 300ft.

I have a 164 and 171 std. Always sounds stupid talking about
My pink stds, but wtf. The 164 is getting pretty understable,
But nowhere near my avenger ss's. the true beauty of the Td
Is the predictable, sloooow turn. Love sending it flat sidearm
And watching it turnover into a beauty long S....

I'd say TDs should cover your PD turnover shots without an issue. I've beaten in P-PDs and found they cycle well as they lose their LSS quickly. S-TDs will season slowly, develop a decent turn, but retain a fair amount of fade so its really up to you as to how you want to manage your bag. I'd bag that one STD this winter to beat it in, then in the spring drop in another fresh STD right beside it for more distance and control. Keep the third in your field work practice bag.;) Frisbees like PDs and TDs are all most people need until they have developed good form and are pulling these discs 400'.

As for TD2s and other fast understable discs like the Mamba, Fury, or Underworld, I find them more of a utility/trick shot disc and not a mold I'd pair to cover my fairway distances. For reference, I'll throw fairways (Eagles & JLSs) on golf lines 280-350'.

If I'm cycling TDs and PDs, should I go with a ppd over ctd? For the sake of overlap.

If I'm cycling TDs and PDs, should I go with a ppd over ctd? For the sake of overlap.

probably. ppd will break in much faster. if i was to cycle pd and td. my line up would look like Spd, ppd, ppd, and a beat std probably. but then again ive never cycled these yet and im not sure

tds start out pretty straight but once they season will start to develop some turn. what i like about the td is that it doesn't turn a super lot...when throwing turnover shots i like using a forced anyhzer release and having the disc hold the turn all the way down. i didn't like the sidewinder or roadrunner because they flip almost too easy when forced and couldn't get the line down like i can with an std. not to mention when the std breaks in and starts picking up that high speed turn it becomes a monster hyzerflip disc. i've definitely had some of my longest throws with an std that were not using a wide rimmer such as a tern or trespass. once they beat in they become good rollers too.

tds start out pretty straight but once they season will start to develop some turn. what i like about the td is that it doesn't turn a super lot...when throwing turnover shots i like using a forced anyhzer release and having the disc hold the turn all the way down. i didn't like the sidewinder or roadrunner because they flip almost too easy when forced and couldn't get the line down like i can with an std. not to mention when the std breaks in and starts picking up that high speed turn it becomes a monster hyzerflip disc. i've definitely had some of my longest throws with an std that were not using a wide rimmer such as a tern or trespass. once they beat in they become good rollers too.

oh my god i have probably a 5.5/10 max weight sw and i can throw it on hyzer, but decent snap on it and i can get a firebird style hook to the right with my sw. which is actually perfect for one hole by my house. tis a par 4 and i was staring at the basket with an easy putter upshot.

the new sw with flight numbers and the plus like rim are pretty stable and close to the tds. im excited to see how the td breaks in and i want to see it live up to its name as the turning driver though. the small notch of a bead might mess with my finger? maybe not cuz i can flick my stalker pretty far and its got a nice bead on it

only time will tell :thmbup:

Will a C-TD handle a headwind at all since they are known to be a bit beefier than the S? Or is that when it becomes PD time?

Latest posts