• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird Inquisition...

The TL is the step sister to the Teebird.

Get the real deal. Teebirds when thrown correctly have a very predictable fade giving you insane accuarcy.

I like to also use the my Star Teebird for shorter thumbers. It flips more quickly that my Firebird and is really accurate. The quick flip means that you need to aim left of your target. I use the Firebird for long thumbers. (slow turn=more d)

It alsos work great if you have a really low ceiling approach. I thumb it straight out like pitching a baseball. It quarter flips and skips on the back of the disc and turns right. It's bailed me out plenty of times. Make sure the terrain will allow the disc to skip though. Dirt, pine needles, oak leaves, or even water. (Scott Stokley has a famous thumber water skip shot.)

on a side note to BrotherDave...Is your name in reference to the comedian?

I know not of whom you speak. The story of my nickname is a long and complicated one, suffice it to say alcohol was involved.;)

I've been throwing a max weight STAR TL for a month or two and started with a 168 DX Teebird yesterday. So far I like it but I'm still learning it. I'm not sure I need both of these discs.

i have a 168 11x champ teebird that is super sweet for finesse turnover shots, the glide with the lighter ones is nice. i have a 173 that ive barely thrown and a 175 brand new, need to get those broken in. all 11x plastic, i had a 172 in 12x plastic that was way too stiff and i got rid of it. as mentioned they are great for low tunnel shots and, for me at least, shots where i want to throw a roc but need just a little more speed. also good for tomahawks.

i reallly like the teebird for shots where you need to anny around something at first and then always come back , alot of fairway drivers can make that shot but if screw up a little your in deep sh**.

i also like it for short dog legs and tunnel drives but i find i dont need it that much and i dont use it at most courses as it fades too hard at low speeds for fairway shots where i dont need a big hyzer, and for longer tunnels shots i can just use my starfire which i feel is kinda of a faster teebird.

i know now they call the teebird a fairway but i think really its more of a distance driver and if i didnt find the starfire id probally use it for most of my drives , the only big difference i see betwwen them is the teebird can handle alot more anny without going way off line .

I had a Champ Teebird, and didnt much care for it. However, after trying a beat DX teebird, I began to see its uses. I picked up an 11x KC Pro now, and I love it. I call it my "birdie disc" because it seems every time I pull it out of the bag, I park it for a deuce.

I've thrown vipers, but not a huge fan of leopards (3 cheetahs in my bag tho), and I'd say the teebird is just easier to throw straight. you can get the viper to hold a straight like, but you really have to crank on it, whereas you can throw the bird nice, easy and clean, with much more accuracy, and without having to fight the disc like you would with the viper, which wants to go left (rhbh)

I like the teebird because it's a point and shoot disc. It does not like to be finessed. You pick your target and throw hard at it and the teebird will go there. It will not turn right and will not fade much if thrown properly and fast enough.

I just picked up my first tbird(dx) and it is working alright for me. I will probably stick with my eagles (-x) for most fairway driving though. I have been using them for years, and they are very predictable for me.

Ive had a DX TeeBird since I've started playing and it is one of my most dependable discs. When I have to place the disc exactly where I want it, the TeeBird comes through with amazing accuracy every time. A few days ago I bought an older star TL for $2.50 from some kid at the course. I love this disc too, however, if I use it on shorter holes that I would regularly use my TeeBird, I usually end up overshooting the basket by 15-20 feet. Once I completely master the TL, I think I will like it just as much as my dx teebird. They are very similar, but I can get a bit more distance from the TL. It's really all about learning to throw each disc as well and as accurate as you can then go to the course and pick the correct disc and throw for the shot you want. Better to know and count on a few discs than be familiar with a huge bag of discs and not be able to predict your throws as well.

Captain America to ditch shield

News Flash

Marvel Inc

Stan Lee and Captain America held their first join press conference since the ink spill fiasco of 1989.

Captain America, has today, confirmed that he will no longer be using his current shield. " For the sake of Americas safety and the ever present fight against global crime, I will no longer use my shield".

Capt. America states that the days of chivalry are over and it is time to hang up his bulky and cumbersome shield.

All though many super villans were heard to cheer at this first statement, their cheers were quickly turned into nervous chatter as Captain American outlines his next weapon for the defense of the free world.

" Due to recent advances in aerodynamics, polymer technology and ergonomic design I will now be carrying special edition Champion Teebirds. After months of searching and testing replacement projectiles, the Teebirds stability, glide, distance, predictability and accuracy have made it possible for me to finally upgrade equipment" Says Captain America

"Technological advances such as super-solider serum and SEA-Champ have made this transition possible, finally we can now end crime once and for all" Suggests Stan Lee as he wraps up the press conference.

Source close to Innova suggest that a new version of SEA-Champ (Special Edition Adamantium infused Champion plastic) is soon to hit fairways near you.

I have an older beat-in DX Tee bird (168gm). If needed, I can throw this disc flat, straight & long. I can turn it over slow or fast, either BH or flick. It's a great disc & it's in my bag.
Also bought a champ plastic version but it's pretty overstable for me. The 'TL' is somewhere in between. If I flick it it turns over pretty easily (sometimes comes back). BH is OS (?). Neither of these discs are in my bag right now.

Latest posts