• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Tell me about the Squall

My buddy pulls off some amazing forehand approaches with a Squall. So much so that I'm considering putting one in my bag.

That being said would it just overlap my Gummy Star Stingray?

More OS than a stingray. It has that "comeback to flat" on annys that stingrays dont have.

I thought I'd voice my Squall love. It's amazing. It's the most consistent understable mid I've thrown. It never fails to turn, but never turns too much. The Proline is my favorite plastic to throw. Nice and gummy; very durable; just awesome.

I recently picked up a 150g base plastic Squall expecting to get a flippy Squall; it's going to take some beating in! Flew exactly like my max weight Proline out of the box. Just dead straight. Similar experience to my 150 Flathead Cyclone. DGA 150g discs just seem to fly exactly like their max weight counterparts.

So, if I wanted a very straight mid that I could eventually beat into a flippy mid, would this be recommended? I like lower profile discs, and I want something that I can throw flat and have it go very straight, if not ride a little right. I want two molds for my mids (one straight and one overstable).

The squall is probably the best straight/understable mid ever made. The only bad thing about it to me is it eventually got to a point where it's difficulty to range made it more dangerous than an asset to my bag. I could throw one 350-370 which for me is huge distance on a midrange. It's way more of a fairway with a mid feeling rim. It has the most "go" out of any disc I've ever thrown though.

The squall is probably the best straight/understable mid ever made. The only bad thing about it to me is it eventually got to a point where it's difficulty to range made it more dangerous than an asset to my bag. I could throw one 350-370 which for me is huge distance on a midrange. It's way more of a fairway with a mid feeling rim. It has the most "go" out of any disc I've ever thrown though.

I agree. I only sold mine because it goes too far. Hard to gauge it. But this thing flies nice and predictable in terms of line.

Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said?
I know, I have a few for sale in my MP thread
/shameless plug

I just put a squall back in my bag (176 PL) and added a 175 SP as well. After a few throws I remember what I was missing. If ever there was a comfortable, line holding, do it all disc, this is it. It can hold a straight hard line, sly a nice S or hyzer around a tree. I plan on keeping these in for a while to see a fuller life cycle, but truly, a great disc.

Latest posts