• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell us about your CE tragedy

I'd rather not run the risk of losing something valuable when I can throw another disc that's extremely similar and a fraction of the cost.

I'd rather not run the risk of losing something valuable when I can throw another disc that's extremely similar and a fraction of the cost.

What the hell is it worth having, if you can't throw 'em. :\ ;)

I found a first run CE valk and it is a clear green, no wonder someone lost it. It is a terrible color for disc golf, I am afraid to throw it some time because of the color alone. Way better than my dx valk, its only good for flat throws to rollers, always flips.

I found a first run CE valk and it is a clear green, no wonder someone lost it. It is a terrible color for disc golf, I am afraid to throw it some time because of the color alone. Way better than my dx valk, its only good for flat throws to rollers, always flips.

i thougt the clear CE discs were the later runs, and the first runs were solid colors like red or yellow...could be wrong though

i thougt the clear CE discs were the later runs, and the first runs were solid colors like red or yellow...could be wrong though

Pretty sure your right... and I have a problem with throwing my best discs... I dont like to hang any discs, like someone said, what good are they if you can't let em fly!!

well i have some CE throwers and some new/excellent ones that sit around collecting dust. i hang on to them for trade purposes and cause if i ever need quick cash i can just throw one on ebay with buy it now option and they usually dont last more than an hour or two before someone buys them

I tossed an 8X KC Roc in the lagoon at Riverside Park in Grand Rapids in '98 or '99. I've been kicking myself over it ever since. It wasn't CE, but I could sell it for $100.00 or so if I still had it so I think it qualifies for this thread.

The 8X I beat to snot and cracked against a tree in Lippold Park doesn't really bother me. I got my $100.00 bucks out of that one.

What the hell is it worth having, if you can't throw 'em. :\ ;)

agreed...

a disc (or anything) is only as valuable as the owner wants it to be.

for me.... every disc (no matter what it is) is only worth the $15 it costs to replace it.

Earlier this week, i had a guy thank me profusely when i returned a 3 year old Firebird to him.

To me, it was just a firebird.
If i cant replace it, then an obsolete disc is serious problem in the future when i lose it.
> I wonder if tiger woods carries around a '2006 callaway sand wedge and would be terribly upset if he lost it?

Last edited:
agreed...

a disc (or anything) is only as valuable as the owner wants it to be.

for me.... every disc (no matter what it is) is only worth the $15 it costs to replace it.

Earlier this week, i had a guy thank me profusely when i returned a 3 year old Firebird to him.

To me, it was just a firebird.
If i cant replace it, then an obsolete disc is serious problem in the future when i lose it.
> I wonder if tiger woods carries around a '2006 callaway sand wedge and would be terribly upset if he lost it?

CE's are collectable. they are made out of premium plastic and they dont make them anymore therefore they retain a high value, just like a baseball rookie card or something of that nature. if you get them cheap you can treat them as an investment. tiger woods may not hang on to his clubs (by the way he uses nike clubs ;) ), but i know there are golf balls worth big $$$. i had a ping promotional golf ball sell for over 30 bucks on ebay and i found it out at the course just sitting by a teebox. i also sold some nike mojo karma balls for 9 bucks a piece a year or two ago and i got them for a buck a piece and decided not to hit them and then they blew up on ebay. people collect all sorts of things if there is a limited quantity or if they no longer make the item.

not a CE (and not mine! hah!) but... 10x kc pro teebird found in the woods. some ink. any takers?

attachment.php

Attachments

• teeb.jpg
    teeb.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 29
CE's are collectable. they are made out of premium plastic and they dont make them anymore therefore they retain a high value, just like a baseball rookie card or something of that nature. if you get them cheap you can treat them as an investment. tiger woods may not hang on to his clubs (by the way he uses nike clubs ;) ), but i know there are golf balls worth big $$$. i had a ping promotional golf ball sell for over 30 bucks on ebay and i found it out at the course just sitting by a teebox. i also sold some nike mojo karma balls for 9 bucks a piece a year or two ago and i got them for a buck a piece and decided not to hit them and then they blew up on ebay. people collect all sorts of things if there is a limited quantity or if they no longer make the item.

article on phil mickelson using 20 year old wedges that are grandfathered into legality but would be illegal today...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8489846.stm

i'd imagine those wedges have just gone up in value considerably...