• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tennessee Disc Golf courses anyone?

KETBLC

Can anyone reccommend any particularly good courses around pidgeon forge and gatlinburg tennessee? We are going there for my birthday and booked 4 days in a hotel and want to do some good disc golfing... Also any in KY on the way down from IN would work too...

not sure if you are going through Bowling Green but if so there is plenty to choose from.

I've played at Bud Hill and Shelby Forest in Memphis as well as all the Nashville courses but never had the opportunity to go anywhere else in the Volunteer State.

What a beautiful State! You should have a blast where ever you choose to hurl plastic in Tenn is my guess.

We don't have much elevation down here so I was in awe.

It looks like the most direct route to Gatlinburg from Bloomington is through Louisville and Lexington. There's lots of good options depending on what type of course you're looking for.

There are three courses in Southern Indiana about 20-25 minutes off of I-65:
  • Fun Farm - 21 holes, a good mix of open and wooded with some massive elevation changes, pay-to-play $5
  • Buffalo Trace - difficult wooded course with lots of pine trees
  • Garry Cavan Park - nice mix of open and wooded, not too hard but very few gimmie birdies
In Louisville there are two courses:
  • Iroquois - Louisville's oldest course, a fun place to play with birdie opportunities everywhere
  • Charlie Vettiner - difficult, accuracy driven course that will test every shot you have
In Lexington there are 3 eighteen hole courses clumped in the south side relatively close together:
  • Shillito - Lexington's oldest course, a fun short course with lots of birdie opportunities
  • Veterans Park - a fun but challenging wooded course with some unique holes, be sure to print out the map if you go here.
  • Riney B - about 15 minutes south of the above two courses located in Nicholasville, it's got 24 holes and is very long and challenging, mostly open but with some tough wooded holes
Hit me up if you decide to play the Southern Indiana or Louisville courses. I'd be more than happy to show you around. I don't know anything about the courses around Knoxville and close to Gatlinburg, sorry.

Mills Park is right there in gatlinburg. It's only 9 holes but a good course. I would play there again.

Victor Ashe in Knoxville is a fine course, not too far away.

Not sure of the driving time---not far if you've got wings, but these are the Smokies---but Fontana Village is a great disc golf experience.

If you can work in a run down to Chattanooga, I would recommend "The Sinks" -- very unique course that is well-maintained and, in my opinion, a blast to play.