• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That guy stole my firebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea call the cops, that will be more effective than letting us know the course this happened at. This is the largest DG community on the net so maybe there is something we can do if we know where to look.

I don't know where he's from or what course he was playing...but I do know this is beginning to happen more often in Raleigh. It seems that several guys around here have seen their discs picked up by some random dude, and he just runs off with it. So if you are playing Kentwood in Raleigh, watch out on 18. Just a heads up.

I don't know where he's from or what course he was playing...but I do know this is beginning to happen more often in Raleigh. It seems that several guys around here have seen their discs picked up by some random dude, and he just runs off with it. So if you are playing Kentwood in Raleigh, watch out on 18. Just a heads up.

Tell Phillip to stop! (just kidding):p

Just an FYI I think it may be illegal to post pic's of this punk. It sucks but he does have a right to privacy even if he is a thief. I know for a fact that it is illegal to publish photos or video of someone without writen consent. I think posting flyers at the course would be considered publishing. It would really suck to get in trouble trying to get your disc back.

Just an FYI I think it may be illegal to post pic's of this punk. It sucks but he does have a right to privacy even if he is a thief. I know for a fact that it is illegal to publish photos or video of someone without writen consent. I think posting flyers at the course would be considered publishing. It would really suck to get in trouble trying to get your disc back.

Do you think people ASK to end up on wanted posters?

he's have to come forward to get you for posting his pic. and admit to stealing the disc.

it would be an interesting court case fer sure

Do you think people ASK to end up on wanted posters?

That is different. It is published by the state or federal government. I don't like that this happened any more than you do b3ndy but I am 90% sure that it would be illegal to publish a pic of this DB.

I took some law classes that relate to film, video and photo work in college and that is what I am baseing my thought on. The law may be different in the state that the OP lives in.

he's have to come forward to get you for posting his pic. and admit to stealing the disc.

It is petty theft, not much of a crime. If you compare petty theft to what can happen for an invasion of privacy it is chump change.

If that's the case like Erik stated, then yes, it would be an awesOme case indeed.

It really turns my stomach with what this sport has turned into these past couple of years, makes me think twice about calling when I find someones disc, no one calls me.

Same here. I have yet to have a single call or email to return a disc. Oddly enough, when I have called the number on the few discs I've found with one, the phone was disconnected so I ended up keeping the disc anyway. :thmbup:

For the record I am not defending this DB.

This same thing happened to me last summer. I threw a drive on a hole that the pin is close to a road. As I am walking to my disc a car full of punks drives up one jumps out and grabs it and gets back in the car. I ran and got the license plate#. I did not call the cops because I knew they would not really do much for a $15 disc, but the dumb a$$ kids were back at the same course at the same time the next day and I cornered them in the parking lot and got my disc back.

I bet this DB will be back to try the same thing again, I would try to bring a buddy with you that can run the punk down.

It all depends on the setting in which the pictures were taken and the manner in which it is being used.

You cannot use someone's image to promote a service or product without written consent. You may not also use a minor's picture if taken at a place of trust like a school without the parents' consent.

However, if used in neither of those two ways, it is the owner of the picture than can determine how the picture is used as long as it is in a non-slanderous or libel way. Unfortunately this area is a little grey when talking about minors.

Or at least that is what I was told during a teacher's workshop about taking and using pictures of students in my classroom.

Now, it is common courtesy to ask for permission to use the picture in a public forum, but asking is different than requiring. Basically, it comes down to the wording that is paired with the picture.

by not telling us the course you're allowing this guy to possibly do it to another golfer. it's not like you're giving us your social, name, date of birth, or anything of any value. it's just the name of a public park dude, or maybe a private course, but i doubt this kind of thing would happen at a private course.

You have to remember that Einstein here is considering bringing his rifle in order to "take a shot" at this kid next time. He doesn't want to leave a trail for some sort of crime solving genius to catch him after the attempted murder.

It really turns my stomach with what this sport has turned into these past couple of years, makes me think twice about calling when I find someones disc, no one calls me.

I might just start carrying my rifle with me and next time he runs out take a shot at him, he sure wouldn't do it again after that

Yeah.....

It all depends on the setting in which the pictures were taken and the manner in which it is being used.

You cannot use someone's image to promote a service or product without written consent. You may not also use a minor's picture if taken at a place of trust like a school without the parents' consent.

However, if used in neither of those two ways, it is the owner of the picture than can determine how the picture is used as long as it is in a non-slanderous or libel way. Unfortunately this area is a little grey when talking about minors.

Or at least that is what I was told during a teacher's workshop about taking and using pictures of students in my classroom.

Now, it is common courtesy to ask for permission to use the picture in a public forum, but asking is different than requiring. Basically, it comes down to the wording that is paired with the picture.

I think you are right for the most part, but I know there is some grey area for sure. It has been a few years since I took the class and I really don't want to look up all the info. I do know that any of our film projects for school had to have writen consent if faces were shown. We could take shots of large crowds without having consent but if it was a few people we needed to have it in writing.

Just an FYI I think it may be illegal to post pic's of this punk. It sucks but he does have a right to privacy even if he is a thief. I know for a fact that it is illegal to publish photos or video of someone without writen consent.

Facebook says hi.

You have to remember that Einstein here is considering bringing his rifle in order to "take a shot" at this kid next time. He doesn't want to leave a trail for some sort of crime solving genius to catch him after the attempted murder.

This just made my day, thanks Matt.

katana spelled backwards huh, interesting. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.