• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

I don't know, I have checked all this thread but what happened to Discraft's major sponsorship of this tournament. It's seems it's now an Innova event what the hay Happened here?

It's still "The Memorial Championship presented by Discraft", but Innova sponsors Disc Golf Planet, so you won't see too much talk of those other guys.

On Nikko's putt:

I like how Terry and Will are quick to blame the basket. Classic. That's disc golf boys. It sucks, but when you try for a long putt on a hill with a little bit of hyzer, bad things can happen. Twice.

that second shot with the chainout was horrible. poor nikko.

Yep. Would have been interested in seeing his reaction.

Congrats to TheHammer for making the cut! Awesome! Good luck today!

No one is stopping Paige. She's taking the money.

Nice to see Climo in first place of Masters.

I once took a double-circle 7 on a water hole in a big tourney, so, even though it sucks for Nikko (especially considering his awesome play the first 2 days) its maybe A little heartening to see that sometimes even the best pros can have a combination of poor shot angle, rotten luck, and two brain farts in a row.

On Nikko's putt:

I like how Terry and Will are quick to blame the basket. Classic. That's disc golf boys. It sucks, but when you try for a long putt on a hill with a little bit of hyzer, bad things can happen. Twice.

True, I would take layup without hesistation. But they are pros and they take chances :)

I once took a double-circle 7 on a water hole in a big tourney, so, even though it sucks for Nikko (especially considering his awesome play the first 2 days) its maybe A little heartening to see that sometimes even the best pros can have a combination of poor shot angle, rotten luck, and two brain farts in a row.

please share more. your anecdotes are riveting.

when "doofy" john brooks and "equally doofy"david greenwell get the hell out of the way. my god. never mind their misidentifying the actual female golfers over and over, but their awkward comments about "life partners" (with effeminate voice) and the assumption that they were "talking about the colors of skirts or flowers" was embarrassing. great, those guys did something once. give them their respect and then find the people who can actually "further the sport".

:thmbdown::thmbdown:

Odd that I shot the same score both rounds at Vista, and there is a 12 rating difference. The top guys shot lower the second round, and the weather was the same. What's up with that?

when "doofy" john brooks and "equally doofy"david greenwell get the hell out of the way. my god. never mind their misidentifying the actual female golfers over and over, but their awkward comments about "life partners" (with effeminate voice) and the assumption that they were "talking about the colors of skirts or flowers" was embarrassing. great, those guys did something once. give them their respect and then find the people who can actually "further the sport".

I would imagine the highest percent of people playing and watching is around 25-35, with that said I do agree with this statement. Their coverage of yesterdays was rather embarrassing at times. I respect what they did for the sport, but I want commentators talking about the discs the players are throwing. I do want to hear about sponsors and their opinion's on techniques and such. They seem to talk about the same thing each hole. It's rather repetitive, so repetitive that when their is down time they almost sit there not knowing what to say.

Odd that I shot the same score both rounds at Vista, and there is a 12 rating difference. The top guys shot lower the second round, and the weather was the same. What's up with that?

You just sucked at your first round! hahahaha JK
Good luck out there and PUTT for DOUGH.

You just sucked at your first round! hahahaha JK
Good luck out there and PUTT for DOUGH.

Actually, I sucked the first and third rounds. I've been averaging 56 on that course for the last month.

Thanks!

What time does the live coverage start today?

From Facebook:

DiscGolfPlanet.tv
Good morning Planetarians! We are set to go LIVE with Championship round coverage from The Memorial at 1:45pm Eastern // 11:45 am Mountain. Please go to the Livestream tab above and catch all the action from the Men's Open Division at scenic Fountain Park. Thanks for all your support! --The DGPtv Team

I dont really mind Dave Greenwell. He has some insight into the players themselves and doesn't seem to say such crazy things. "Crazy" John Brooks needs to go. Agree with what all the others said about the horrid commentary on Val and Nate Doss. Can you not think to say significant other? Partner? Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Wow. To think this broadcast is going to make tv is embarrassing. If your name is Crazy you shouldnt be broadcasting. That is not professional.

This gem from yesterday broadcast 02:31 in.

"I want to remind folks is you're going to play disc golf in Arizona as is anywhere, don't forget to stay hydrated, keep a positive attitude, and bring some extra discs. Disc golf is probably the most enjoyable activity I've run across other than.....well......ya know....awkward pause.......(interrupted by Greenwell)......bicycle riding" - Crazy John Brooks

How are the rest of the DGCR members doing, besides Hammer? UPS went, right?

Latest posts