• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

when "doofy" john brooks and "equally doofy"david greenwell get the hell out of the way. my god. never mind their misidentifying the actual female golfers over and over, but their awkward comments about "life partners" (with effeminate voice) and the assumption that they were "talking about the colors of skirts or flowers" was embarrassing. great, those guys did something once. give them their respect and then find the people who can actually "further the sport".

crazy gets very embarrassing at times and he's almost un-watchable. he needs to be a little more professional out there.

the sport will further itself when we finally filter all of the hippies out

Greenwell is terrible behind the mic, always has been

couldnt agree more...i cant stand it when he's talking

From what I heard, Crazy John will be the only commentator in the Memorial show being prepared to air on the Beach Sports Network.

I dont really mind Dave Greenwell. He has some insight into the players themselves and doesn't seem to say such crazy things. "Crazy" John Brooks needs to go. Agree with what all the others said about the horrid commentary on Val and Nate Doss. Can you not think to say significant other? Partner? Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Wow. To think this broadcast is going to make tv is embarrassing. If your name is Crazy you shouldnt be broadcasting. That is not professional.

I agree with you on Crazy, at least in the sense of that exchange. Nothing wrong with Greenwell saying "partner" like he did. It's as valid a term as "significant other" or "boyfriend/girlfriend" in that context. Crazy took it too far with his commentary on it, particularly when he seemed to affect a mock-gay tone of voice. Something like that from a network announcer on CBS or NBC or ESPN might get them fired...certainly suspended at any rate.

That said, what we're hearing on the live stream isn't going to be what we hear on the TV show. They've got more cameras out on the course than just the ones doing the live broadcast. The footage from those plus the live stuff is all going to be edited into what becomes the TV program. And my assumption is that they'll do an entirely separate commentary track for that edited footage that gives the impression of "live" commentary but won't be live at all. It won't be unlike what most of the Worlds DVDs have looked like.

I've got my fingers crossed that either Crazy won't be involved with that or he'll be a lot better with a more scripted commentary. (as in, they know what is coming and can prepare comments rather than do it all off the cuff)

On Nikko's putt:

I like how Terry and Will are quick to blame the basket. Classic. That's disc golf boys. It sucks, but when you try for a long putt on a hill with a little bit of hyzer, bad things can happen. Twice.

thats what he gets for coming to an NT dressed in hobo attire...looks like a bum. love nikko but cmon dude...

thats what he gets for coming to an NT dressed in hobo attire...looks like a bum. love nikko but cmon dude...

I don't mind the bum look. But all the sponsors logos on his shirts are a bit much. Reminds me of how soccer jerseys, or NASCAR suits are.

From what I heard, Crazy John will be the only commentator in the Memorial show being prepared to air on the Beach Sports Network.

do you know any other specifics on the format? how long they have per show? will it be a mash up of all rounds or geared more towards final round coverage?

Maybe they should consider a professional announcer that actually knows a little about the sport. That and a well spoken player to do color commentary.

Crazy will introduce and wrap up the 30-minute (?) show on camera. The rest of the show he'll do voice over commentary. That was all I heard about it other than there are other cameras than what we've seen online shooting content for the show which was mentioned earlier.

On Nikko's putt:

I like how Terry and Will are quick to blame the basket. Classic. That's disc golf boys. It sucks, but when you try for a long putt on a hill with a little bit of hyzer, bad things can happen. Twice.

so if they used vortex baskets on the course the first putt would've been caught right? i agree though, everybody putted at the same basket, and a shot thrown on a hyzer towards a hill can often have bad results.

I was/am in favor of McBeth's attire. Solid color shorts that don't look like a swimsuit, collared shirt that is tucked in, and a belt. IMO, it looks the most presentable to outside audiences.

i agree...in all A tiers and above, IMO, and i know someone will wholeheartedly disagree, you shouldn't be allowed to wear anything other than a collared shirt...and no jeans.

I dont think will was making excuses for him, but just simply giving n explantion of the circumstances so people could better understand why it might have happened.

I appreciate that a lot more than him hopping on the high horse and simply saying "I'm not sure what happened to him, i had no problem bangin my putt from there."

That's the problem. Two same putts, one goes in one doesn't.

yeah but its impossible to say that they "hit" the chains at the same point and at the same angle...

i wonder if you put light netting, like the discatcher travelers, around the chains that would help?

yeah but its impossible to say that they "hit" the chains at the same point and at the same angle...

i wonder if you put light netting, like the discatcher travelers, around the chains that would help?

But we know for sure Nikko's second putt hit dead center and bounced off the pole. That shouldn't happen.

Netting could help if it doesn't have too much tension. Won't last long at all though.

But we know for sure Nikko's second putt hit dead center and bounced off the pole. That shouldn't happen.

Netting could help if it doesn't have too much tension. Won't last long at all though.

i never saw the putt, i just wanted to be part of the convo...lol. but no, you are right, it shouldn't happen.