• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Looks like he needed that last birdie after all. A 40 would have come in at 1117 tying with Skinner and Climo.

What are the odds of it staying above 1117 after adjustment? If you are willing to guesstimate that.

If i had the capabilities, I'd do better.. Get me some funding..

That's just it. The dough.

These guys are limited, but even within those limitations, they could surely do better than this broadcast...and they have.

What are the odds of it staying above 1117 after adjustment? If you are willing to guesstimate that.
No one shot a 40 so it doesn't matter. Paul's unofficial 1126 for shooting a 39 is bound to stay in record territory still over 1120 when it goes official.

1082.5 average for a four round tournament - record?

1087.25 would have been Will's average without the 2 throws penalty . .. that's slightly above average.

Last edited:
I will have to say Will can do better work and has a ton of experience doing it. He does have a youtube channel but I can't remember it right now and I am too lazy to look. May be the same as his profile name here. He films and records lots of live music, has filmed lots of disc golf and has actually worked the cameras for ESPN at the Division 2 National Footbal Championship. He has filmed his entire life.

I wasn't trying to call him out. I really want to see what he can do.

Filming is only one part of it, though. The mixing, volunteer coordination, feeding info to the commentators, and stream are all things no one thinks about. Most people are quick to slam the finished product but have no idea what it takes to get it there.

Sounds like Will needs to get to some of the bigger events...

The feeding info comment is funny when the guys were oblivious to pauls round until the end despite the pdga live updates.

There were talking about it since they showed him on throwing on 15. I guess John dropped the ball on knowing everyone's score when he was running things on the other side of the country...

Let's see your work. Youtube links?

I haven't shot anything recently, been in school and playing (some)

Keep in mind, I'm doing this with the subpar equipment I own. Can't afford nice stuff :(

But here is what i got:

08 Dogwood Classic Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp_SyKDLJeA
08 USWDGC Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVj3RSi1-io
08 USWDGC Round 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNiefixj_Ms
08 BG Ams Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3FjudF4fVk

I mostly direct/run camera for sporting event webcasts when the opportunities arise... would love to do disc golf. Finding a proper crew is the hardest part imo, You'd want people who have played disc golf to run the cameras obviously. Radios/headsets would be a vital part to keep communication between all involved.. Just the logistics and cost would be massive because of how large of an area a DG Course is.

Last edited:
There were talking about it since they showed him on throwing on 15. I guess John dropped the ball on knowing everyone's score when he was running things on the other side of the country...
I think Duesler was there not in PA like he is sometimes. I sent Greenwell a text about McBeth coming toward the record after hole 12 but he must not check or is not able to check any other info source except what he gets in the headset.

No one shot a 40 so it doesn't matter. Paul's unofficial 1126 for shooting a 39 is bound to stay in record territory still over 1120 when it goes official.

Not to pull this thread completely off tracks, but care to explain why it matters (in relation to adjustment) whether someone threw 40 or not?

And what is it exactly that causes an adjustment, compared to the temporary numbers?

And what level of influence does a 2 stroke swing for Schusterick have on McBeths rating?

I think Duesler was there not in PA like he is sometimes. I sent Greenwell a text about McBeth coming toward the record after hole 12 but he must not check or is not able to check any other info source except what he gets in the headset.

I agree. I saw him on one of the videos talking to the Advanced Champ after posting that. I'm sure he was still in a booth for all that.

No ****? What team? Last i heard he was a ball golf pro in myrtle.

From Holly Finley's post about the happenings today:

Cale Leiviska: Paul McBeth tried to get two different competitors penalized this week for things that were not illegal. That is class!

Hmmmm