• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

And apparently, each player had their own scorecard. It was not one card for the whole group.

Didn't someone post a pic of a scorecard with multiple names on it from an earlier round? Maybe they change it for the finals.

Didn't someone post a pic of a scorecard with multiple names on it from an earlier round? Maybe they change it for the finals.

Just going by something Holly Finley posted in the dgp chat. Since she played the event, I'm presuming she'd know.

And if the card you saw was for a lead card, it may have been an unofficial card being carried by whoever was updating the online scores.

Or, each player had their own card, on which they were scoring the whole group. I've seen that done at NTs before.

I suck at math, is that a 42? He got the last hole.

385813_427489184012308_1881292892_n.jpg

Here's the pic. I lied.

805.02 Scoring

F. At the end of the round, each player shall sign the scorecard to attest to the accuracy of the score on each hole as well as the total score. If all players of the group agree that a hole score was recorded in error, the score may be changed prior to the scorecard being turned in. Players whose scorecards are turned in unsigned accept responsibility for the scores recorded.

Did Will sign off on the scorecard? If so, he really can't blame anyone else for the error.. also, personally I'd like to see a slight rule change: a scorecard submitted before the 30 minute limit will not be processed until the 30 minute mark if it hasn't been signed by all players. That way, it won't be late (and thus not assessed the -2 stroke penalty for all players on the card), but won't be accepted potentially prematurely either.

I agree with this! I think it could also be changed to a -1 stroke penalty!

805.02 Scoring

F. At the end of the round, each player shall sign the scorecard to attest to the accuracy of the score on each hole as well as the total score. If all players of the group agree that a hole score was recorded in error, the score may be changed prior to the scorecard being turned in. Players whose scorecards are turned in unsigned accept responsibility for the scores recorded.

Did Will sign off on the scorecard? If so, he really can't blame anyone else for the error.. also, personally I'd like to see a slight rule change: a scorecard submitted before the 30 minute limit will not be processed until the 30 minute mark if it hasn't been signed by all players. That way, it won't be late (and thus not assessed the -2 stroke penalty for all players on the card), but won't be accepted potentially prematurely either.

So if all the scorecards in a tournament are turned in within 15 minutes of the end of the round, you're saying the TD should wait an additional 15 minutes before "accepting" cards and checking them? As a TD, let me say hell freaking no.

Will had his scorecard in his own possession (or his caddy did) for the whole round. This wasn't a case of one of his cardmates handing the card in without his seeing it. He (or his caddy) had to have handed the card off at some point. That it got turned in without a total, signature or not, is no one's fault but Will's.

Just going by something Holly Finley posted in the dgp chat. Since she played the event, I'm presuming she'd know.

And if the card you saw was for a lead card, it may have been an unofficial card being carried by whoever was updating the online scores.

Or, each player had their own card, on which they were scoring the whole group. I've seen that done at NTs before.

well she didnt play today. apparently after coming in near the bottom of the field she spent her time on the rumor mill. your speculations are pretty great though. talking with you keeps getting better.

You don't have to sign your card, but you do have to put in an accurate final score

So if all the scorecards in a tournament are turned in within 15 minutes of the end of the round, you're saying the TD should wait an additional 15 minutes before "accepting" cards and checking them? As a TD, let me say hell freaking no.

Will had his scorecard in his own possession (or his caddy did) for the whole round. This wasn't a case of one of his cardmates handing the card in without his seeing it. He (or his caddy) had to have handed the card off at some point. That it got turned in without a total, signature or not, is no one's fault but Will's.

Yeah, with an individual card, there's really no one to blame other than himself for that one. :p

Yeah, I've been the person handling scorecard recording/checking at numerous events, and I do know the extra pain it would be to have to wait the full 30 minutes before processing (hopefully not very many) scorecards. However *if* we're really penalizing players for scorecard errors, and *if* players potentially may not have even seen their finished scorecard before it is submitted, there really seems to be a need for all players to have an opportunity to self-elect to review their scorecard even after it has been dropped off at tourney central. I'm not saying that waiting the full 30 minutes before recording it is the best answer.. but in cases of group cards right now I still feel like there needs to be *some* answer to this.

Signing the card or not is irrelevant. The way the rule is stated it is a suggestion that you sign your card. Either way you accept responsibility for what is written on it. Will made a mistake and playing one more hole to win was his consequence. Two throws is a perfectly fine consequence for this mistake. Everyone plays by the same rules and for the sake of the TD I happen to like the way the rule reads now.

well she didnt play today. apparently after coming in near the bottom of the field she spent her time on the rumor mill. your speculations are pretty great though. talking with you keeps getting better.

At least she has the balls to do it from an account where she can be held accountable for what she says. While you on the other hand have 23 useless posts in the past two days in this thread alone. It always makes me laugh when people have an account with a really low post count, but then like 30 posts in a single day, makes it even better when they say that someone else is 'on the rumor mill.'

Signing the card or not is irrelevant. The way the rule is stated it is a suggestion that you sign your card. Either way you accept responsibility for what is written on it. Will made a mistake and playing one more hole to win was his consequence. Two throws is a perfectly fine consequence for this mistake. Everyone plays by the same rules and for the sake of the TD I happen to like the way the rule reads now.

True, right now signing the card is technically irrelevant.. I'd like to see that changed somehow.. hopefully without making a lot more work for those responsible for checking/recording scorecards. :p

I love that the rule says that each player shall sign their scorecard and then says if they don't it's still cool.