• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 400ft Barrier

h3ro

I am having trouble breaking over 400ft. I am trying to incorporate my hips more but I think I am still strong arming?

This is about my max distance for what I throw.
Midrange: Roc3: 300ft~
Fairway driver: Volt 330ft~
Control driver: Thunderbird 360ft~
Distance driver: Destroyer 380ft~

https://youtu.be/vYVbjzdQdmI

It looks like you're turned too far back too early, your back foot is pointed really far back. It's hard to tell from that, the camera tilt, and the choppy slow motion...but it looks like you begin to open your front foot as you plant it. This is likey caused by you turning back too much initially.

It also looks like your elbow isn't getting far enough forward, something looks off to me about your arm extension past the right pec. I don't know if it's caused by your body alignment prior to that point in the throw though...if you're turned too far back then you have to open up too early to throw "straight", which causes you to miss the late extension.

You turn backward too early and lean, and so you don't make it balanced onto your front leg before you start swinging. Your front shoulder opens before your elbow gets forward. Stay more upright dynamically balanced and move everything more together from the ground up. The way you stride into the plant, you are going to kick the wall in the Hershyzer way before your butt hits the wall. If you watch how Will S strides forward, he stays more sideways and upright balanced and then turns his front foot backwards at the plant to load more into his hips.

I really appreciate that you two give your time to examine mine and tons of other people's form! Looks like I have some serious work to do but now I am more aware of the direction and types of things I should work on. Thank you so much for the detail in both your critiques and the drill videos.

Latest posts