• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Questions

I will try to answer the questions I get here for all to see and understand, as well as respond to the personal e-mails and calls.

Q: I just started playing, and will sign up as Rec, but I may want to move to intermediate before the event - possible?

A: You can request a division change as long as there is still openings in the other division you qualify for. Once a division is full (intermediate and rec tend to fill first) you cannot change. If your rating forces you to move we will move you as we see the change.

Q: Do I have to be a current member to register?

A: You must be a current member to play in a PDGA a-tier, but you can register now, just be sure your membership is current before April 1st!

Q: I am coming with my buddies and we all play intermediate, and I want to be sure we are in the same pool?

A: Pools and first round hole assignments are assigned based on PDGA ratings. No changes allowed, as starting in round 1 you will be competing for card winner prizes each round in your foursome. But, all courses are very close for dropping off you riders, and rides are easy to find as needed.

Q: I want to sign up soon, but my sponsor will not be able to get a check for weeks?

A: If you get a hole sponsor ($100) we will refund your $75 entry fee with a check in the mail! If you get more than one hole sponsor you get an honorary club membership (priceless)!

Hole sponsor: Matt Partain

Thanks to Matt Partain, Master player from Berea for sponsoring a hole!
Matt added the $25 during his on line registration, and will get the two signs

Hole Sponsor: Scott Homberg

Thanks to Scott Homberg of North Georgia for sponsoring a hole - the logo below will be on Kereiakes and Lovers Lane courses!

Attachments

• HoleSponsor.jpg
    HoleSponsor.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 42
Mellow Mushroom weekly winner #1

Congratulations to Joseph Sebolt, a recreational player from Germantown, Tennessee. Your name was drawn to win a $25 gift certificate from Mellow Mushroom of Bowling Green as our Monday Morning random winner! You gift certificate can be picked up when you check in.

I went last year with my son, had a great time. Played like boiled ass on the final day, but still was a great trip. Between me and the kid I think I dropped about $1500.

Won't be playing this year as it is just too far and expensive for me. With worlds in my backyard the week of vacation that will take is gonna add up.

But I still have 2 of the discs from the pack hanging in my cube, and my kid wore his dri-fit from last year like twice a week all summer.

Hole Sponsor: Matt Sime

Thanks to Matt Sime for sponsoring a hole, and getting a players' table at the fly mart.

YMCA Camp Pepin Disc Golf Program
Spreading the love of disc golf to the next generation

Attachments

• pepin.jpeg
    pepin.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 19
You're welcome

Can't wait to get back out there this year!

Stop by my table at the flymart to get your hands on some beauties like this - will have plenty of full size and mini trophies available.

1455157_10152025681206458_1841034474_n.jpg

What is camping like in April?

What is camping like in April?

Last year it rained a lot in the days leading up, but the temperature wasn't too bad. I think I would have played much better if I could have gotten a good nights sleep though. I may camp out in the days leading up and then grab a hotel the days of the tourney so I am well rested.

Lodging

Anyone interest in sharing lodging? Let me know.

Hole Sponsor: Dale Smith

Thanks to Dale Smith of Powell, Ohio for sponsoring a hole! We will put your two laminated signs up for all players to have a chance to see during the week of the BIG event.

Hole Sponsor: Discan Designs

Thanks to Stanley Duggins for sponsoring a hole featuring Discan Designs custom fabricated waterproof rolling disc cans. Also, see this at the flymart in the players' table section!

I just register. I am excited and going to find lodging tonight :D

I registered to play last year but had to back out 2 weeks before b/c of family. Hopefully this year nothing unexpected comes up.