• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Final 9 cuts, Trophies, and price redemption

Final 9 is for top 8 plus ties in rec, intermediate, and advanced men. Top 4 plus ties in Masters and GM, top 3 for women rec, intermediate, and advanced.
Custom Mini Basket trophies for top three in big divisions, top two in GM and Master, and top one in other divisions. Trophy disc for "cut line" and above.

No finals for Women Masters and SR. Grand masters. Trophies for top three presented during final 9 for these divisions

The tee order will be rec Women then men, intermediate, women then men, advanced women, GM, Master, Advanced Men.

All players who make final 9 MAY collect prize play money and spend it with the retailers who will be set up during the final 9 - OR - collect on line from DGU. All other players will get prizes through Disc Golf U starting Tuesday after the event. You will get an e-mail if you have a prize coming and did not make the final 9 (PAYING OUT 50%)

Lost River Pizza SPONSORS check in games

Lost River Pizza is on board again this year! See their add in the program cover for deals. One of the best taps in town - and great pizza.

During player check in the BG Club will be running CTP contest with prizes that will include $25 gift certificates from Lost River. We will start this Tuesday evening to give players a chance to win and get the prize while in town.

We typically put together a prize package worth about $100, (discs, gift certificate, etc) then have players throw ctp's until we collect about $100, then give that away and start over!

Spike Hyzer announces BG Ams Skillz Challange

BG Ams – Skills Challenge
(aka The Most Fun You've Ever Had in Your Life Challenge)
Presented by Spike Hyzer, Cam & Hunter Todd

Mini Golf
- 9 holes, played like regular disc golf but with a mini. Lowest score wins. Tees will be marked with flags, OB's/mandos will be marked as well. We can layout a scorecard/rule sheet once course is made. Mini is self judged.
CTP
- Closest shots to the pin will win prizes.
- Players will get 3 shots

Accuracy
- Different stations throwing at 3 different sized hula hoops with netting. Competitors will use their own golf discs. Highest score wins.
Putting Competition
- Putts will vary from 20-50 ft. Will have several stations on each basket. Much like tiki golf, tees marked with flags. Scorecards will be made upon setup and is self judged by competitors.

Competition will start on Thursday and continue until Saturday.
$3 per event or $10 for all 4.
Registration will be at SpikeHyzer tournament HQ at Kentucky Community Technical College Course.
Final results will be posted at Wah Bah's Saturday evening. Prizes can be picked up Saturday at Wah Bah's or Sunday at the KCTCC Course.
(We will layout course(s) on Wed pm and have scorecards/rule sheet by Thurs.)

Attachments

• 2014 BG SH Flier.jpg
    2014 BG SH Flier.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 29
Good morning,

My name is Ashlyn Smith and I am the Group Rooms Coordinator at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. I have created a booking link to make reservations online below. Guests can also call 270-745-0088 or 1-800-HOLIDAY and mentioning block code BGG.

BG Disc Golf Block

I have tested the link and everything is good to go. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions regarding your block. We have extended the block cut off date until 3/13.

Thanks,

Ashlyn Smith
Group Rooms Coordinator
Holiday Inn University Plaza
Bowling Green, KY

Latitude 64 Players Package Disc

First of 7 announcements for players packages:

HB:

Finally we have decided to go with our yet to be released driver Scythe.

Cheers,

Svante Eriksson
Sales Manager
Latitude 64°

Attachments

• Latitude 2014 BG AMs.jpg
    Latitude 2014 BG AMs.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 115
First of 7 announcements for players packages:

HB:

Finally we have decided to go with our yet to be released driver Scythe.

Cheers,

Svante Eriksson
Sales Manager
Latitude 64°

13634300731559302005.GIF

like the stamp of the disc.. anyone wanting to get rid of theres for another one of our players pack disc lmk.. i think i could like this disc.

Panda Putting Event

Panda Putting Contest

Preston Miller Park - Thursday April 10, 10am-4pm

$5 per attempt / unlimited attempts

Score points by hitting putts from 8 different stations

Highest point total wins $100 credit to Pandamonium AND the portable metal basket used for the contest.

Additional prizes for 2nd-5th place

Attachments

• pandaputting.jpg
    pandaputting.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 18
  • pandalogonew.png
    pandalogonew.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 3
BG Club league and event next two weekends

Saturday March 15 is our ongoing random draw doubles league - 10 am at Hobson Grove Park.
$5 plus $1 optional ace pool. Cash payout.

Sunday March 23 is our annual second warm up event:
The Hills of Bowling Green

$30 all am divisions - choice of custom discs and great prize payouts
PDGA B-tier for ams, C-tier for pros

FIRST ROUND AT KEREIAKES PARK / 2ND ROUND AT LOVERS LANE
SIGN IN : 7:30 - 8:30 AM AT KEREIAKES (DAY OF REGISTRATION)

Now if only you had a little pro C Tier on Saturday of the event on an unused course. ;) In all seriousness - a friend of mine who doesn't disc golf (yet) and I are going to be coming down to just enjoy the atmosphere and add to the party. We'll be rolling up on Thursday afternoon/night. Should be a blast and a half!

(real reason I'm coming to town: to hunt HB down and get the $10 he owes me for that soft putter I gave him before our final round at the `08 Ams! I'm comin' for ya HB! ;) haha)

I'm comin' for ya HB! ;) haha)

Get a number!

The two small courses in town are open - WKU and Natcher Elementary, and we do not play the 9 hole at WhaBah until Sunday - so plenty of availability for play for those not in the event.
Not to mention the regional courses . . .

Sunday April 6 PDGA event west of BG

Grand Opening of 18 holes!
South Highland Sports Club Disc Golf Tournament
Mayfield, Kentucky
April 6, 2014

PDGA C-tier event

First 50 Registered Amateur Players get custom stamped Disc
18 holes set along ball golf course - well lots of OB: water, rough (tall grass), sand traps, and greens. Perfect grass fairways!

9,815 feet from gold tees (1000 rated par 62)
7230 feet from blue tees (950 rated par 62)
4095 from the red tees (850 rated par 62)

Rec players play from red and blue tees
Intermediate players two rounds on blue tees
Advanced and pro players play from blue and gold tees

Must register by March 30 to get a cart reserved - or plan on walking this monster course!

Register on line at www.BlueGrassDiscGolf.org/southhighland
or click here

Day of show registration 8:00 to 9:00 EST
Players meeting at 9:15 Start at 9:30

Pro Divisions: $65
Advanced Divisions $45
Intermediate Divisions $35
Recreational Division $35

Entry fee includes $10 cart fee, $2 PDGA player fee

www.BlueGrassDiscGolf.org

Attachments

• south highland disc draft.JPG
    south highland disc draft.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
  • southhighland cc overhead.JPG
    southhighland cc overhead.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 7
  • South Highland score card.jpg
    South Highland score card.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 5
Get a number!

The two small courses in town are open - WKU and Natcher Elementary, and we do not play the 9 hole at WhaBah until Sunday - so plenty of availability for play for those not in the event.
Not to mention the regional courses . . .
Oh yeah, I was mostly kidding about that. You've got plenty on your plate. My friend and I will likely be tossing with our friends in the tournament before rounds, and goofing off with discs after the rounds. We're going down there to have a good ol' time. My friend is a competitive and fun person, so I'm trying to hook him on the game straight off with the atmosphere of BG Ams. If there's anything worth commending BG KY on - it is the atmosphere they've created of both fun and competition, and I've regretted not being able to get back just to hang out until now. It is a great vacation just to be in town with all the disc golfers on BG Ams weekend.

Saturday March 15 is our ongoing random draw doubles league - 10 am at Hobson Grove Park.
$5 plus $1 optional ace pool. Cash payout.

Sunday March 23 is our annual second warm up event:
The Hills of Bowling Green

$30 all am divisions - choice of custom discs and great prize payouts
PDGA B-tier for ams, C-tier for pros

FIRST ROUND AT KEREIAKES PARK / 2ND ROUND AT LOVERS LANE
SIGN IN : 7:30 - 8:30 AM AT KEREIAKES (DAY OF REGISTRATION)

Is there pre-registration for the Hills of B.G.? Coming down from Cincy and don't want to get shutout. Or should I not worry about it?