• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hey MJ,

Firstly, thank you for being so great at keeping up with all of these questions. It's really cool to be able to pick the brain of a legend. Just a few questions here for you... Apologies if any of these have been asked previously.

1- What are you using for long anhyzer shots 150ft+?

2- What disc would you recommend with similar flight characteristics as a comet, but faster?

3- What disc would you use for a 1 disc round?

Cheers!

Hey MJ,

Firstly, thank you for being so great at keeping up with all of these questions. It's really cool to be able to pick the brain of a legend. Just a few questions here for you... Apologies if any of these have been asked previously.

1- What are you using for long anhyzer shots 150ft+?

2- What disc would you recommend with similar flight characteristics as a comet, but faster?

3- What disc would you use for a 1 disc round?

Cheers!

Well let's see
1. Generally between 150 and 275 range I'll use a banger gt, then it goes to a comet for shots longer than that. Then makes it way to a mantis or a sting

2. After a comet I step up to an esp sting for those really floppy style shots, if needs to be straighter I tend to use a mantis of some sort
3. One disc round would probably be a banger gt

Two questions:

When you throw in the cold, what Comet plastic do you like best? What about for everything else?

Out of left field -- have you ever played with anyone (good) who learned to throw ambidextrously so they could just throw hyzers all the time instead of throwing turnovers or forehands?

Picture attached -- my understanding is that we get to ask one question for every signature disc we buy, right? LOL

picture.php

Hey MJ, any update for the release date on the ESP Bangers? I don't want to miss my chance to pick up a few.
The ones I am getting should be to me this week and then I will put those up for sale through me as fundraisers. The rest of the run, maybe 400 or so, will go up on discraft factory store on black friday

Two questions:

When you throw in the cold, what Comet plastic do you like best? What about for everything else?

Out of left field -- have you ever played with anyone (good) who learned to throw ambidextrously so they could just throw hyzers all the time instead of throwing turnovers or forehands?

Picture attached -- my understanding is that we get to ask one question for every signature disc we buy, right? LOL

picture.php

When it gets cold I try not to play . In all seriousness I generally just swap to any of the softer feeling of the plastics. Lots of times this just means different feeling ones in the same plastics I normally use.

Never played with anyone good who has worked on both lefty and righty. Thrown with some who are pretty good at it and decent players, but no one in the upper echelon that I know of.

Thanks for all the support on the comets!!!

I'd love to pick up a banger or two. I'm assuming it makes no difference wether we get them from you personally or through the factory? Just want to make sure you are getting the proceeds either way!

I'd love to pick up a banger or two. I'm assuming it makes no difference wether we get them from you personally or through the factory? Just want to make sure you are getting the proceeds either way!

Either way I still get some money. Certainly get more when I move them myself

Either way I still get some money. Certainly get more when I move them myself

Thank you for clarifying. I've always wondered how to be the most effective when supporting a pro.

Which is more beneficial for the pro player: Buying a signature disc or buying a tour series disc?

If not bought through you, does it make a difference where those discs are sold? i.e. do you get the same amount if the discs are sold through PIAS or online or through discraft directly?

Thank you for clarifying. I've always wondered how to be the most effective when supporting a pro.

Which is more beneficial for the pro player: Buying a signature disc or buying a tour series disc?

If not bought through you, does it make a difference where those discs are sold? i.e. do you get the same amount if the discs are sold through PIAS or online or through discraft directly?

Generally speaking a player gets more from a tour series than a signature disc, but each company is different in what they do.
Get more when its sold directly through the manufacturer than with a retailer, but it's not a huge difference between the two. That being said each company is different

After playing with the Swirl Glo for a while, they seem more forgiving than other Comets I have thrown (Z, ESP). They seem more prone to "straighten up" when not thrown perfectly, while still retaining their stability. Are other people seeing this?

Disclaimer - I have only been playing for a year and a half, and I could just be seeing changes in my form, but just asking the question because I'm interested!