• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

My current Comet lineup - The Elite-X and LE ESP are from 2011, so 11 years in the bag for each. The Z and 2021 MJ I picked up today. Z was used, and the MJ was on sale for 12$, so I grabbed the last 2. I started throwing them after watching MJ throw butter-smooth lines through wooded courses, which is how I cut my teeth. My X is a super flippy, effortless anny machine, and the ESP is dead straight, hoping the 2021 MJ is a bit more "stable" for hyzer lines. Any input?

Attachments

• Comet.jpg
    Comet.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 40
My current Comet lineup - The Elite-X and LE ESP are from 2011, so 11 years in the bag for each. The Z and 2021 MJ I picked up today. Z was used, and the MJ was on sale for 12$, so I grabbed the last 2. I started throwing them after watching MJ throw butter-smooth lines through wooded courses, which is how I cut my teeth. My X is a super flippy, effortless anny machine, and the ESP is dead straight, hoping the 2021 MJ is a bit more "stable" for hyzer lines. Any input?

My 21 MJ is pretty stable for a comet. Thrown flat and about 12' high with 280-300' feet of power it goes pretty straight and fades out slightly. It will hold a hyzer, but it's a very forward pushing glidey hyzer.

MJ have you had a chance to throw these comets that will be available 7/12? Love the stamp!

I'll have mine either Saturday or Monday I bet and I'll let y'all know. Ledgestone's website had plenty of them and may have some of the MJ Scorches left too.

picture.php

I'll have mine either Saturday or Monday I bet and I'll let y'all know. Ledgestone's website had plenty of them and may have some of the MJ Scorches left too.

Well it's now Wednesday morning and the package has a tracking number, but hasn't even made it into USPS hands yet. I paid almost $9 extra for "Priority mail and yeah.....real priority, since it took 4 days just to get me a tracking number and at least 2 more just to get it to the postal service.

Just picked up my first Big Z Comet. Man.... From me previous experiences with Big Z, I certainly didn't expect to have the most stable Comet I've ever thrown. This thing is BEEF! Instantly in the bag as my stable mid-range workhorse, and found myself not even touching my stable Buzzz the last couple of rounds. Perfect compliment to my slightly understable Comet currently in the bag.

Just picked up my first Big Z Comet. Man.... From me previous experiences with Big Z, I certainly didn't expect to have the most stable Comet I've ever thrown. This thing is BEEF! Instantly in the bag as my stable mid-range workhorse, and found myself not even touching my stable Buzzz the last couple of rounds. Perfect compliment to my slightly understable Comet currently in the bag.

Usually comets are more stable when they are more domey and stiff

Yeah this Comet is definitely stiff with some decent dome. I was suprised by the Big Z being so stiff as most of my previous experience with Big Z has been much gummier and less stable. Really digging this run. My 2021 MJ Tour Series is still my favourite run yet though, and I have the last 3 tour releases, and also some stock runs. It's still pretty stable, but is super responsive to how much power I put on it without it being squirrelly. I definitely feel like I can easily bag 3 comets with completely different flights now.

How are the new Icon Series LE Swirly ESP's? I just ordered 2. A little disappointed that I wasn't able to pick colors/weights.

BTW I tried to convince my wife to let me name our newborn (8/21/22) "Elinor Johansen Stetz, or Elinor Comet Stetz" but she wouldn't let me, sadly.

How are the new Icon Series LE Swirly ESP's? I just ordered 2. A little disappointed that I wasn't able to pick colors/weights.

BTW I tried to convince my wife to let me name our newborn (8/21/22) "Elinor Johansen Stetz, or Elinor Comet Stetz" but she wouldn't let me, sadly.

They are very similar in feel to the 2019 tour series ones. Fairly stable as far as comets go, not as stable as the 2020 tour series ones. I'm enjoying throwing the few I picked up at ledgestone last week

Any idea if Discraft will ever start running lighter weights of the Comet again? Even on their own website (where they hoard most of the light weight stuff), there aren't any to be had under 170g, and everywhere online only has 175g or max weight...