• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

As this is the comet love thread as well, I will chime in. That new elite x plastic they are rolling out is amazing. Swirly, fairly stiff, nice and tacky and boy oh boy has it stood up to some tree knocks. Infact a new x has kicked the z out of my bag, they fly almost identical and the x feels way better to me.

This is food for thought with me. I recently lost my Z comet and decided not to replace it. I'm throwing my X Buzzz in situations that I used my Z Comet before.

My X comet was pretty straight at the time, but now it has begun to turn right in too many instances where I was trying for straight. I'm tempted now to try one if these "updated" X comets. What do you think?

Prodigy doesn't make a Comet clone so doubtful. MJ doesn't seem the type to wipe and hot-stamp another manufacturer's name on his discs.

This will hopefully be news of DC producing either limited MJ run of discs or announcing tie-dye polos to help his touring costs.

good gawd MJ.. i was just watching the 2014 Azalea footage.. that 2 on #11 during round 4 was jaw dropping.. was did you throw off the tee?

I could be wrong...... But it looks like MJ was throwing a Euro-Stamped Prodigy midrange at 4:40 of the holes 4-6 video...... :eek:

MJ, if you're still thinking toward Worlds, it looks like there are a grand total of 4 MPO spots left right now.. it will fill in the next hour or so, pretty definitely. :p

Certainly not throwing any of that Prodigy junk!

high-five-470.jpg

I meant to ask....when Brandon Barker bluffed throwing your drive on #18 back at you Sunday, did any in your group buy in to it?

that was something watching the group. "did brandon just throw mj disc?"......"no he wouldn't have done that"......."would he"

that got to be the high light of that day. Great shot mj! don't think i will be forgetting that one anytime soon. :D

To clue in the 47,125 DGCR members who weren't at Stoney Hill:

The Am Final 4 was safely on the #18 green, and the Pro Final 4 on the tee, 500 feet away, with lots of trees between, and only small gaps between them. Suddenly a disc crashes in among the Am gallery. One of the spectators grabs a disc of identical color, reaches down as if he's grabbing the trespassing driver, and chunks it back at the pros in mock anger.

At the Am gallery we just about fell down laughing. But we wondered if the Pros, and their fans, were snookered in.

It was, regardless, an amazing drive, and I wish I had seen it, and not just heard it.

The Am Final 4 was safely on the #18 green, and the Pro Final 4 on the tee, 500 feet away, with lots of trees between, and only small gaps between them. Suddenly a disc crashes in among the Am gallery. One of the spectators grabs a disc of identical color, reaches down as if he's grabbing the trespassing driver, and chunks it back at the pros in mock anger.

At the Am gallery we just about fell down laughing. But we wondered if the Pros, and their fans, were snookered in.

It was, regardless, an amazing drive, and I wish I had seen it, and not just heard it.
I didnt even see him throw the disc back at us , so i was confused when someone said that my shot had been thrown back towards the tee. I knew it was Brandon standing at the back of the green. And I wanted to wake him up and have it skip up and stop close to him. Needless to say, i wasnt expecting i would throw it all the way to Brandon and bounce off of his ankle! But i also knew it would get a laugh out of him :clap:

Video or it didn't happen. :D

Video or it didn't happen. :D

An exclusive entertainment feature for those who graced us with their company and, more importantly, stuck around through the finals. Everyone else will have to imagine it.

Latest posts