• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

How far is that hole that your birdied. I think the tee sign says 480 or something. Is that right? Beautiful line on that shot by the way. Hope you make it to worlds!

Don't feel like searching through this thread but has Discraft ever produced the Ringer in Z plastic? If so would you ever bag one MJ, or do you only prefer them in Pro-D? Could you ever see yourself using a Ringer in Z plastic for upshots or approaches?

Just curious.

IIRC, the story is that they made like 20 Z-Ringers for Dion Arlyn.
They're out there, but hard to acquire. The people that have 'em aren't letting them go at any price.

^^ this is what i remember as well .. i have seen a few online .. well not in a year or two but they werent cheap

Also, believe MJ has stated the Ringer is putts only, Banger is pretty much anything <= 250'

Don't feel like searching through this thread but has Discraft ever produced the Ringer in Z plastic? If so would you ever bag one MJ, or do you only prefer them in Pro-D? Could you ever see yourself using a Ringer in Z plastic for upshots or approaches?

Just curious.

I prefer D ringers and i only use them for putting. I have always kept my putting molds and my throwing putting molds completely seperated.

Just curious.

They did make Z Ringers for the 2010 Willamette Open for Dion. I owned two, lost two. Have been trying to get another for some time. The people that have them love them. The Breaker from DGA is practically the same thing with a slightly larger bead and a spacer in the nose. Great disc :)

A run of X Ringers would be SWEET if they were in soft and hard X :). Come on MJ get Discraft moving.

I prefer D ringers and i only use them for putting. I have always kept my putting molds and my throwing putting molds completely seperated.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried using a Pro-D Ringer for putting (because I like the lower profile) but it managed to beat in too quickly to my liking if you know what I mean. Do you find yourself cycling D-Ringers in and out of your bag too quickly/too often because of this as well?

Just curious.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried using a Pro-D Ringer for putting (because I like the lower profile) but it managed to beat in too quickly to my liking if you know what I mean. Do you find yourself cycling D-Ringers in and out of your bag too quickly/too often because of this as well?

Just curious.

I change my putting putters every year in the winter and start with new ones

Did you ever think about switching to the 10 year Buzzz? The big Z seem pretty similar. The anniversary discs have a great flight and feel.

I change my putting putters every year in the winter and start with new ones

I see.

What is your opinion of the Challenger? I used to use them for upshots/approaches but I see that you only use the BangerGT for these types of shots. Was there ever a time that you tried incorporating the Challenger into your bag for either putting or upshots?

I hope I dont sound like an incessant nagger. Please 4giv me if I do.

Did you ever think about switching to the 10 year Buzzz? The big Z seem pretty similar. The anniversary discs have a great flight and feel.

I never really threw the 10 year Buzz. I dont throw a buzz that much, so i wasnt looking to switch my regular z ones out at the time. Then i lost the one i was throwing right when i got some Big Zs in and i stuck one in the bag. It was just a randomn occurance that i ended up using them, but i do like how they feel and fly.

I see.

What is your opinion of the Challenger? I used to use them for upshots/approaches but I see that you only use the BangerGT for these types of shots. Was there ever a time that you tried incorporating the Challenger into your bag for either putting or upshots?

I hope I dont sound like an incessant nagger. Please 4giv me if I do.

I had thrown and used challengers in the past, they just feel like i have too do too much work to make them fly for me. Where as the bangers fit how i throw and i just felt comfortable with them from square one.

I almost lost my comet today. I threw 6 discs off the tee and when I went to collect them I couldn't find my Comet. I searched for almost an hour until I finally found it. I wasn't leaving there without it.

I used my special edition esp orange Comet today. First time I've used it a lot since last fall. Today there was little to no wind. What a beautiful thing a Comet is when conditions are right.

Latest posts