• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Hope you are having a fantastic Christmas Eve! So do you think you could give some insight on how you practice?Obviously field work and putting practice are a necessity, but what do you try to accomplish in field work and putting practice? Any practice tips for us AMs?

practice- ok, this i mght have to breakdown into different posts.

What I am looking to do when i do fieldwork is kinda like a golfer does at the range. This is the time to work on the mechanics of your swing i.e. your footwork, how it hit your mark consistently,busing your lower body and upper body together stuff like this.
I use it in the winter to rebuild my swing and get everything back in order and fix problems i have developed during the year. I start with one step putters and mids just to get my legs and arm together and make sure my hand is releasing correctly. Then i might add in a step, still not using drivers, mostly trying to get my footwork and hip turn in sync. During this i will do sets of hyzers, anhyzers, straight, thrying to get things dialed in and comfy. Most players waste all the power they generate by not transfering it correctly from your feet all the way to the hand. This is what i work on constantly.

more to come......

practice- ok, this i mght have to breakdown into different posts.

What I am looking to do when i do fieldwork is kinda like a golfer does at the range. This is the time to work on the mechanics of your swing i.e. your footwork, how it hit your mark consistently,busing your lower body and upper body together stuff like this.
I use it in the winter to rebuild my swing and get everything back in order and fix problems i have developed during the year. I start with one step putters and mids just to get my legs and arm together and make sure my hand is releasing correctly. Then i might add in a step, still not using drivers, mostly trying to get my footwork and hip turn in sync. During this i will do sets of hyzers, anhyzers, straight, thrying to get things dialed in and comfy. Most players waste all the power they generate by not transfering it correctly from your feet all the way to the hand. This is what i work on constantly.

more to come......

good stuff

503217.jpg

Thoughts?

503217.jpg

Thoughts?

yes, I like trees on my courses!!!! He got to witness my round at bradford during worlds. Dont think there was alot of compliments about the course during that round :) I had a great time playing with double g and brinster that round! I like courses that test all your game, not just your distance off the tee, plus i like a course thats pleasing to the eye! And bradford is that

yeah Bradford is a fun course; Stan, Schlep and Pat did a good job out there.

I'll ask MJ the same question as Paul. If you could play one found of disc golf with 3 famous people (living or dead) who would they be and why?

one would have to be Syd Barrett, I'm a huge pink floyd fan and i think he would be intetesting to talk to.
two- Maybe Bobby Jones, such a natural athlete and competitor it would be interesting what he thought of disc golf
three- Les Claypool, f'ing cartoon character that he is would make the round fun as all get out.

i could come up with some fun ones but this is a start!! :)

Which of these will yield better results in improving your game? You can only pick one.

1. Playing tougher courses
2. Playing tougher opponents

Greetings Michael,

I wonder why I never bump into you in Denver? :confused:

There have been many "elevation" threads, but no real consensus. Do you make any adjustments when playing at higher elevations? Is 5000ft high enough to make a difference? Am I too high for good control?

I grew up in Charlotte, NC, but only go back when somebody dies, so I don't take discs.

Peace.

Latest posts