• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] The Best/Worst of the PDGA Discs

I really was looking for flight characteristics - I was also hoping there to be some discussion of the older discs that predated my time in PDGA.

I joined in 2000 and the disc I received was a yellow DX Cheetah, 147g, with a red PDGA logo foil. Immediately went on the wall where it remains today (and will remain, 150-class DX Cheetahs are a dime a dozen).

Something to keep in mind is that these discs only go to new members. The presumption is that most new members are relatively new players. Thus the disc is generally something beginner-friendly (light, stable to understable, etc). The PDGA probably doesn't have any specific requests about what the mold is other than that point (and apparently, that they're black).

I got a black X-Storm 2006. Storm is a great discs that I would probably bag if it still was made, especially in Z.

The problem (again that beginner thing, although I didn't know too many beginners that joined the PDGA back then) was they were all 160-165.

Latest posts