• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the buchmiller renovations (lancaster pa)

Ty9339

Bogey Member
i am a regular at buchmiller's course and love all the clean up and renovations they are doin, i also noticed that they have 5 new basket positions, most are self explanitory but there are two that could be for multiple holes and i was wondering if anyone had the inside scoop?

What kind of renovations are they doing? I went a few months back and am wondering if they were started when I was there or not. I have no inside scoop, as is obvious by my question.

they have put some nice steps in on rough walking spots, they have also cleared a lot of dead brush out (long over due) and the holes that were lacking alternates or the brush was making it impossible to put on the alternate now are open and able to be used

I played there last Summer and thought the course was pretty nice then. Looks like my daughter's going to Dutch Wonderland again! :D

ah there we go, i was a member and didn't realize i was thanks bill, see ya around akron and buch

Original post: Which two were you wondering about? There is one post behind 9long, that will be 9-super long or 11 long. It is set up to be played both ways. 11 also has a long down to the right by the road. 13 has a really nice new position. 16 got a new spot behind and to the right of the old one. 17 has a third spot now, down the hill under the flowering trees. Maybe 12 too?

FYI: We play random doubles every Tuesday at 6, and handicapped singles almost every Sunday at noon. Normally follow up the singles with random doubles, around 2. We meet at the pavilion (by basket 15) or the picnic table by basket 5. $5. We're always looking for new people to come out! The events are run by Bill Giebel, the man from the link earlier in this thread. Come on out!