• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The "Buzzz" of drivers?

Mad Scientist

Eagle Member
Right now I'm still sticking to a very minimal bag. The only mid I throw is the Z Buzzz, because I feel it is the quintessential midrange (my opinion, but perhaps not yours). It works well for me - I like that it is versatile, but that it's strong suit is going straight.

I'm looking for something with similar characteristics in a driver. Something that I can work some lines with if I need to, but that I can really depend on when I need a nice straight shot. Right now I'm throwing a Star TeeBird, but since the Buzzz is on the faster side of mids, I feel like I need something a little faster in a driver to set it apart, and maybe get a little extra distance when I need it. Just looking for some suggestions.

Much obliged.

pd i really don't think there is a need for more suggestions. It can power down and up very well. S pd

thank me later and please do not listen to other suggestions because they will all be inferior :)

pd i really don't think there is a need for more suggestions. It can power down and up very well. S pd

thank me later and please do not listen to other suggestions because they will all be inferior :)

Agreed PD (even if the guy dishing out the advice doesn't have PD in his signature).

P-line for understable and S-line for overstable shots

Agreed PD (even if the guy dishing out the advice doesn't have PD in his signature).

P-line for understable and S-line for overstable shots
Yeah I don't, but its not beause i haven't thrown one or four. I love my saints too much and they do not do what the op was asking in my opinion. pd is a great disc and I may revisit them someday!:thmbup:

I'm thinking Tee Bird because of it's versatility. Tee Birds "do what you tell them to;" not too overstable so that they hook up and fade hard, not so undetstable that they flip real hard. They take hyzer and annie lines well, and can be thrown pretty straight once broken in. There's a reason they're a staple item in so many bags - one of the most popular drivers ever made, and still is to this day.

Last edited:
^the op feels that the teebird and buzz are too close. He is looking for longer i believe. If that was not the case the teebird would be a great choice.

Elite Z XL is a beautiful thing.

I like the XL except tfor the fact that I can't seem to get the distance out of an XL that I can a Tee Bird... mmmmaybe it's just me. :\

^the op feels that the teebird and buzz are too close. He is looking for longer i believe. If that was not the case the teebird would be a great choice.

mmmaybe a Valk or Beast then?

Last edited:
I feel like you SHOULD be getting a lot of extra distance from a Buzzz to a Teebird. There should be at least a 50' difference at the very least between those two discs. But if you feel you need something longer, find some beat Predators. They are a beautiful thing.

I feel like you SHOULD be getting a lot of extra distance from a Buzzz to a Teebird. There should be at least a 50' difference at the very least between those two discs. But if you feel you need something longer, find some beat Predators. They are a beautiful thing.
Just curoius, is 50 feet really that far between the two? just wondering I like to push my buzz whenever i can but i get about 50 feet more with a teebird. When i was throwing pd's i could achieve the same flight as the teebird and If i pushed it i would get like 70 to 90 feet longer. I am really just looking to hear your opinion not coming at you or anything. :thmbup:

I don't understand what you're asking..I said 50' AT THE LEAST between the two..so no 50' is not that much. I like my Buzz on holes between 300-350' (depending on elevation) and when I was using TeeBirds (replaced with Preds) I liked using them on 350-425' holes.

I don't understand what you're asking..I said 50' AT THE LEAST between the two..so no 50' is not that much. I like my Buzz on holes between 300-350' (depending on elevation) and when I was using TeeBirds (replaced with Preds) I liked using them on 350-425' holes.
Gotcha thanks! My bad. I guess I could use my reading comprehension skills.:eek:

Really depends on your power level. All drivers are going to fade more than a Buzzz when they slow down, so unless you're crushing fairway drivers 375'+, most of them are not going to straighten out like a Buzzz will at 300'. The easiest fairways to straighten out are the JLS, TL, XL, Cyclone, Gazelle, and so on. PDs and Teebirds require even more power to get a Buzzz type line, and you really have to crush them to turn them over a little bit and prevent the fade from taking them off line and skipping away at the end of the flight.

Try an ESP XL. They are a titch more overstable than the other plastics so you can throw them with some power without flipping them over. Goes nice and straight with minimal fade.