• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Cart and The Standard

steve a

* Ace Member *
I never really hang my bag up in the winter but I am sometimes forced to park my cart. I switch between my Innova Standard bag (10 discs), my Grip bag (18 discs) and my cart (21 discs)constantly during this time of year and would really like to familiarize myself with a set of discs that can cover it all. This will be my journal to cover that process and help me keep notes of what goes in and what comes out till spring and summer arrive.

The Cart

2 - 173 Electron Pilots seasoned for almost a year. Main putters

1 - 174 Eclipse Ion unseasoned and straight with a little fade. Upshots and drives

1 - 170 Eclipse Ion seasoned and been in the bag since Eclipse Ions came out. Flippy compared to the newer one. Anny upshots that can't fade out

1 - 173 ESP Zone for overstable and skippy shots forehand and backhand

1 - 180 Sirius Aurora 1.3 run for straight midrange drives and forced turnovers that won't fight out

1 - 176 CE QMS for glidey and understable lines that the new Aurora can't hit yet. Has two aces on it and will get retired at five. Doesn't stay in the bag during winter

1 - 180 Z Glo Buzzz that has been my main workhorse since I got it in 2010. Also has two aces on it. I use it off the pad on a regular basis. More tourque resistant than the Aurora and QMS

1 - 176 Z Buzzz that is newer and still fades on straight shots. Handles wind a little better than my Glo Buzzz

1 - 180 Z Buzzz with the newer tooling. Water and hazard disc that I don't care about. Has decent fade

1 - 171 Glow Leo3 that I'm trying to get used to. It overlaps my Buzzzes pretty hard but can do longer annys because it's a little quicker in the air

1 - 170 CE Leo for my slightly overstable fairway shots that need some fade at the end or some extra hss that the Leo3 doesn't have

1 - 175 Glow QJLS for a slightly more overstable fairway driver that fades out more than the Leos. Still trying to figure it out in the wind because there is a fine line between flipping and straight.

1 - 175 Apex Alpha for overstable fairway/mid shots. Also works well for forehand shots that need to go right

1 - 167 Sirius Orion LF 1.1 seasoned over the last 3 years that I use for distance shots that need to stay straight or forced turnovers

1 - 171 Sirius Orion LF 1.1 that's fresh and covers my distance shots that need a little more fade or wind resistance

1 - 172 Qolf that's new and a lot more overstable than the first runs. Does the same thing as the Alpha pretty much

1 - 167 Champ Firebird that's only really a utility disc for crazy wind or crazy fade shots

1 - 174 Nuetron Trace that's starting to season in and get more turn. It still has plenty of fade. I'm using it as my max distance driver because it's a bit faster than the first run Orions but flies almost identical. It's taking over almost all my Orion shots since I got it in May

1 - 172 Plasma Trace that's brand new and flies more overstable than the Nuetron so far

1 - 173 Z FLX Nuke OS that is my main overstable utility. Faster than the Firebird and I'm comfortable forehand rolling it when needed

The Standard bag

Pilot
2 Eclipse Ions
Zone
Aurora
Z Buzzz
Leo3
Alpha
2 Traces

The only thing really missing in the small bag is a crazy overstable driver but I'd like to see how the Apex Alpha and Plasma Trace can handle those situations until the weather gets warmer. I need to get back to my roots and start driving putters more often from the pad instead of relying on the mids like I have been the last couple years. I'll report back after I get a couple rounds in with this setup.

Last edited:
I have nothing really constructive to say. Just wanted to say that I'm a fan of the discs and variety.

Update time! Some stuff has stayed the same and some has changed but the basic layout of the bag had proved solid

The cart

2x electron pilots - putting only. One is 172g and beat and the other is 173g and new

2 electron pilots - throwers. One is 175g and beat and the other is 176g and new. I have never liked throwing my main putters so having these helps with water shots and tree hits.

eclipse pilot - 176g putter driver, has more fade than the electron pilots and far more durability.

esp zone - 173g overstable utility putter for big fade or skip shots.

ce qms - 176g three aces on it and been in the bag since 2010. Its my most reliable disc for laser straight or anny shots.

glow qms - 180g newer disc for hazardous qms shots i don't want to risk my ce qms on. Fades a bit more

glow sentinel - 180g i found this works good for long fades to the left. Doesn't nose dive like other overstable mids I've tried. Also very trustworthy in the wind.

glow z buzzz - 180g this has also been in my bag since 2010 and has two aces on it. Probably my most used disc on the course. Still reliably goes straight even with a powerful drive. If i can reach it with this disc I'll throw it

Z buzzz - 180g new buzzz. The most sacrificial disc in my bag. Best water disc ever. Must be slightly overstable so it can fill in for shots i want more fade or wind resistance than my old glow buzzz has but not as much as the sentinel provides. Most new buzzzes off the shelf work great in this slot

Glow qjls - 171g i kept it in for a longer buzzz, straight driver. It's starting to take more of the shots from my buzzz recently. The downside is it just goes to far sometimes and ranging it is still a struggle. It's worth the effort though and it's going to stick around

star leopard3 - 171g kind of a filler until i can get a broke in qjls going. It does reliably hit the 300' plus "turnover and bank right" shots. It also works great for finesse straight shots that cant fade as much as the qjls does

Sirius orion lf 1.4 - 175g newer and still has plenty of beef left. This is for the times when the qjls doesn't fade enough or the wind is kicking up. Great slightly overstable control driver

2 Sirius orion lf 1.1 - both are 167g one is new the other is beat up. These are distance drivers that you can throw in straight lines. They do get knocked around by wind a little. More accurate than the traces but slower in the air and 25 feet less potential

faf glow firebird - 175g most overstable disc in the bag. Mostly used for utility and skip shots. Barely gets thrown. Sometimes I'll carry a nuke os instead, depending on what feels best at the time. I feel they are pretty interchangeable.

3 neutron traces - 2 at 175g and 1 at 167g. All out distance drivers. When i have the room to work these and i need all the distance i have i grab these. The beat up 175g will hold an anny to the ground if i ask it to. The new 175g is pretty overstable for a trace and I've snuck it out into a few headwinds here and there. The lightweight is also pretty overstable and i hope i have it around long enough to break in, but it's my hazard shot disc for when my hazard buzzz won't reach something.

175 sirius scorpius - headwind distance disc. Really, that's all i use it for besides a little sidearm work. To overstable for my playing style and i don't want to force it but it does handle headwinds great

Innova Standard bag

Beat putting pilot
Eclipse pilot
Glow qms
Glow sentinel
Glow buzzz
Star leopard3
Glow qjls
1.4 solf
Firebird
168g trace

Latest posts