• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The DGCR Mold: Voting 1- disc type

What type of disc for the DGRC mold

• Putter

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Lid

Votes: 97 51.1%
  • Mid

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Fairway

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • Distance Driver

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted lid. I like Polecats but DX and the current Star runs are crap plastic. Gateway has a much better baseline blend than Innova....but can we have an overmold as well? The is Envy almost is a lid and look how well it is loved.

Hey I think a disc that is like a small version of a Zephyr would be cool like a standard disc golf putter size but like a Zephyr or one like a Put'r but not in a soft Elite X type plastic, the way the Elite X Putt'r was made caused the disc to have to be thrown just slightly too hard and glide too just a hair too far or the disc would just drop out of the ground.

Hey I think a disc that is like a small version of a Zephyr would be cool like a standard disc golf putter size but like a Zephyr or one like a Put'r but not in a soft Elite X type plastic, the way the Elite X Putt'r was made caused the disc to have to be thrown just slightly too hard and glide too just a hair too far or the disc would just drop out of the ground.

lat 64 BITE is along these lines I think

lat 64 BITE is along these lines I think

Too bad I use Magnets now, that disc you mentioned was not out in 2006 when I switched putters. Only started using it because my brother ditched that 174 gram Pro D Hard Magnet putter for a Gator max weight as his putter. He uses a beat in DX Gator as his putter now, a non Beat in DX Gator as his Approach disc, and a Metal flake nearly max weight I got him for Birthday of 2017 as a Driving Putter. The Roach was not out either but that is too shallow a lid putter for me.

I had at first a Rubber Putter uh 166 grams? Lightning my mom's approach disc, then G9i Wizard 172 grams still have , then the Elite X Putt'r 173-175 grams in that order. I found the Rubber Putter worked best but warped when putting hard or into a wind so I found my brothers Magnet 173-174 grams as it is similar to the Rubber Putter with that lip part in feel but without the high dome that made the disc Warp duing hard putts and windy putts. I have two Magnets a 175-176 gram slightly softer Pro D Magnet and a Harder 173-174 gram Harder Pro D Magnet though I just got some Jawbreaker Magnets 173-174 grams I will make the circle part on the disc in permanent marker as I use that part on the disc to help place my thumb just before the circle in my normal putting grip.

A lid is basically a non-beveled-edged disc. The name implies that it looks like the lid of a container, like a tub of margarine, a jar of pickles, or a can of Pringles. They're usually large diameter (many believe it's a requirement), but there are some modern golf-disc sized molds like the Polecat or Rattler. The Zephyr, Ultrastar, Gopher, and Whittl'r (or however it's spelled) are all great examples of lids.

Similar to lids, you have fastbacks. They typically aren't beveled-edged either, but they have a raise in their flightplate. The Sonic and Bite are great examples.

Hey has it occurred to anyone to just reproduce a Whitler it's out of print and you might be able to talk to the Snap boys..and produce it in a less bouncy heavier plastic. Of course a smaller diameter might fit in the bag easier but a 175g Whitl'r is sweet. It also fits over other discs to make a stash spot... damn I'd like to find a 175... my buddy has one but he won't trade except for my glowfly. For the many that haven't seen it it's wide enough on inside to fit a driver.. Rounded top but a little smaller diameter than a zephyr.

Last edited:
Hey has it occurred to anyone to just reproduce a Whitler it's out of print and you might be able to talk to the Snap boys..and produce it in a less bouncy heavier plastic. Of course a smaller diameter might fit in the bag easier but a 175g Whitl'r is sweet. It also fits over other discs to make a stash spot... damn I'd like to find a 175... my buddy has one but he won't trade except for my glowfly. For the many that haven't seen it it's wide enough on inside to fit a driver.. Rounded top but a little smaller diameter than a zephyr.

I have been looking for this mythical disc for a while now. I am in support for someone to rerelease it

Streamline

This could be Streamlines breakout mold. MVP doesn't have a true lid, shame on them! ;-S
(Hint hint if anyone is lurking)