• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part III)

Nice work. Two suggestions.

1. include what plastic the disc is...you did say the Mirage is Star, but you don't say what the rest are. That information is helpful to others as it can show how the plastic took the dye.

The first post with the 2 disc's. The one on the left where you can see the outside of rim is my very first dye dip & i didn't push it in far enough. The disc is a Star Tern. the one next to it is a Champion Wombat 3. The next 3 underneath it all have the plastic names on them, but here you go. Champion Glow Leopard 3, K1 line ( basically Champion type ) Berg, & Star Mirage. I wont use DX & Pro will only work so well.

After I had posted, I was taking a closer look at the second post and saw the plastic types were visible. Most times the stamp is wiped and the plastic type isn't known.

For base plastic....it absorbs the dye too much and gives a faded look.
For clear/translucent plastic (Champion/Lucid/etc)...I have found (and heard from YT dyers) that those take twice as long. So if you are like me and leave the disc in the dye for 12 hours, for clear plastic leave it for 24 hours. I don't use a heat lamp or heating pad, but from those that do, I've heard the same thing....twice as long for clear/translucent plastics.

Decided to try out the soap and pro chem dye. For a first try this turned out good. Unsure what happened to the stamp here but I may just fill wipe it now in hopes to get the "negative eff

Attachments

• PXL_20230720_201948545.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230720_201948545.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
Decided to try out the soap and pro chem dye. For a first try this turned out good. Unsure what happened to the stamp here but I may just fill wipe it now in hopes to get the "negative eff

Stamps are hit or miss with me. Some stand out from the dye and some get "lost" in it. I haven't really found a way to determine if a stamp will stick out or not, without actually applying dye..which defeats the purpose.

Stamps are hit or miss with me. Some stand out from the dye and some get "lost" in it. I haven't really found a way to determine if a stamp will stick out or not, without actually applying dye..which defeats the purpose.
So it's actually like rubbed off in the process. You can kind of tell some is there but the rest almost looks "negative" not sure if that is what you mean by stick out or not, but it seems like it actually was removed.

Did this one last night. Was trying out the new neon pro chem. Looks like the pink really stood out but the purple and green not as much.
PXL_20230722_011618778.PORTRAIT.jpg

So it's actually like rubbed off in the process. You can kind of tell some is there but the rest almost looks "negative" not sure if that is what you mean by stick out or not, but it seems like it actually was removed.
I meant that some stamps the dye covers up or mixes with it...and other stamps the dye doesn't affect and actually end up looking like the stamp was applied after dyeing.

Today's dye turned out pretty okay. The top didn't get nearly the color as the bottom. Trying new ways will probably mess with shaving cream later this week.
PXL_20230724_004856173.PORTRAIT.jpg

first attemp's at pan dip dyeing

Here's a couple of my first attemp's at dyeing with cocoa butter lotion & Pro chem dye using a large ultimate frizbee for a pan & a heat lamp. IMO Pro Chem dye is an excellent product! On disc's that are colored using Rit dye the colors have a tendency to blend into another color. Not with Pro Chem dye's. I still need a lot of practice, but getting good results. The one that look's like a spiral...i'm really happy with.
Both are super cool looking. I especially like the one on the left, it looks like "predator vision"!

This thing has a lot of random issues but for the first attempt at a spin dye I think I did okay. I did a masked glue dye and some of it leaked in. The middle part I got off track, but over all don't hate this.

IMG_20230820_210103_366.jpg

Here's my 2 latest dyes using cocoa butter & Pro Chem dyes. The disc with the orange in the middle is a Gstar Boss. the other an R Pro boss. I still have plenty of good Rit dye & i'm sure it wouldn't work on R Pro...but Pro chem does! After dyeing the G Star Boss i just swirled the left over dye for the R Pro Because i wasn't sure if it would work.

Attachments

• IMG_20231128_010418734.jpg
    IMG_20231128_010418734.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231128_010555240.jpg
    IMG_20231128_010555240.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts