• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

4th of July dye contest!!!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

4th of July Dye Contest!!!

Dye anything in some relation to the 4th of July! That's as descript and as vague as possible. Interpret any way you like!

Fireworks, barbeques, America, freedom, summertime, whatever!

The only requirement is that it is a new dye; no re-hashing of dyes you did years ago to throw in here. You may re-dye an old design if you have one you've done before that would fit the contest.

Just like Okthrowberfest and the Valentine's Day contest, there is no need to send in the disc. Take a good picture and send to me at [email protected], and that's it!

I pulled the prizes below from my personal dye stock. All discs are 10/10, unthrown, and excellent dye canvasses. 5 different manufacturers, 6 discs, and a pile of old Rit dye and iDye Poly!

The top four entrants will each get two prizes. A prize is either one disc or three dye packets. First place will have first choice, then 2nd place, then 3rd, 4th, and then 1st again through 4th. (hope that makes sense) If a winner chooses 3 dye packets, he will choose which three colors he wants.

We will vote on the entries in an open vote thread.

Deadline for entries is Sunday July 12th at midnight Eastern!

Good luck to all!

MVP Neutron Vector - 175g
19012214346_5de2f350b2.jpg

Westside VIP King -- 177g
18850772338_f8d4f14fda.jpg

Innova CFR Champ Glow Blizzard Max 177g
19038436875_dbd0c38e90.jpg

Discraft Z Crush - 172g (misprint)
18417752923_fb78fb01e2.jpg

Dynamic Discs Lucid Felon - 174g (stamp wiped)
19012201506_ed2259d1c9.jpg

Innova CFR Champ Glow Archon 173g (purple stamp)
19041565861_3cedaa4213.jpg

Dye packets --- (yellow dye pouch on the left is Rit Neon Yellow --- as seen in the screaming face in my avatar) (iDye Polys are green, orange, red, blue, and purple)
18415885514_e2b8b77994_c.jpg

Hope ya'll are working on your ideas if not putting the discs in the dye already!

Looking forward to seeing everyones patriotic discs! Good luck all!

I actually came up with a decent concept for this contest, and am able to do a little practice. Hopefully I'll be able to execute on my final draft

Unfortunately, I probably won't have time for this. I am working on a disc that I started weeks ago (so much nice weather has made it take forever) and am determined to finish it before starting a different one. It is going to be badass, but doesn't fit this theme.

The 4th has come and gone, hope ya'll are working on your dyes! 6 days left!

Six discs and a small mountain of dye all yours for the taking, step up and enter!

Freedom of Speach

I posted this to the dye a day before I realized this contest was happening!

In honor of a day that granted us our freedoms, I present my representation of our first amendment right, "Freedom of Speech".

re50rMC.png

Only had 4 entrants for this contest(and one that was past the deadline :(), so EACH participant is guaranteed at least a disc and three dye packs! (or six dye packs, if they don't choose any discs). Next time ya'll need to get in on these contests, as you've seen many, many times over the years, everyone stands a great chance of winning something, and it costs you NOTHING but a little creativity and dye time on your end!

Waiting on word from one of the entrants on the title of their dye, then I will post a voting thread.

Pro Tip; Don't procrastinate until the day before the completion date. No time to redo your dye if you end up with a mess! ;)

None of the non-Okthrowberfest competitions got many entries, so I doubt it. Probably better to just make Okthrowberfest as big and awesome as possible.

Latest posts