• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing fancy but trying a new idea. Went the route of cranberry juice and had a lovely fail. Did the black with some dark green rit. Wanted to do the rest red and/or pink with cranberry juice. Soaked it in hot cranberry concentrate for 20 minutes with absolutely no effect. Rinsed the disc and raided the fridge. Found my wife's pomegranate juice which looked very black, heated it, added a drop of acetone, and ended up with this funky gray color. It took color better at the edges of the vinyl and almost looks like the paint method even though it soaked. It soaked about 12 minutes. Pretty happy with it considering the shape this disc was in and just using juice right outta the fridge.

Attachments

• 0219120837.jpg
    0219120837.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 75
  • 0219121917.jpg
    0219121917.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 0219121828.jpg
    0219121828.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 219
one for my bro troy. was really my first time doing letters. would be happier if I lined them up better. that's what I get for drinking and dyeing after midnight.

Attachments

• 2012-02-19 00.17.49.jpg
    2012-02-19 00.17.49.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 176
Found my wife's pomegranate juice which looked very black, heated it, added a drop of acetone, and ended up with this funky gray color. It took color better at the edges of the vinyl and almost looks like the paint method even though it soaked. It soaked about 12 minutes. Pretty happy with it considering the shape this disc was in and just using juice right outta the fridge.

IMO I think you got the grey color from the second dip because you put some acetone in it and it made the black bleed onto the rest from the disc. Doubt just juice would do that color. I like the image though.

Last one for my second best customer Punisher

Maggot Brain cover on a glow Boss
IMG00375-20120220-0733.jpg

Had to freehand the circle because my cutter was 1/8 inch too small for the size I wanted:wall:

This is on a kinda scuffed up champ beast. I'm pretty happy with it except for the bleed on the "s" due to a deep scratch.
CIMG8723.jpg
[/IMG]

I just hate the affinity for violence in the choice of images for dyeing the flying things. It's been relentless at times. The guns, the gangstas....

However; screw the little bleed koogs; that is finest kind. Great composition and, mm, execution.

I swear I'm going to do a Bambi dye next, and I'll throw it up in here, yo.

Peace, people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.