• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vdeye.jpg

Von Dutch style flying eye for my boy G-Money. Did alot of experimenting with this one (with obvious mixed results). Still not sure if I'm done with it. Suggestions?

0119112318.jpg

I don't these very often but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. It's Leon from The Professional on a yellow QMS. This is my first dye job where I fully submerged the disc and I got a lot of tiny little bubbles which are kind of cool but I should probably learn how to avoid for the future. I guess just re-submerge it a couple of times should do it. Anyway, I was pretty tired of the dull yellow color of that QMS.

vdeye.jpg

Von Dutch style flying eye for my boy G-Money. Did alot of experimenting with this one (with obvious mixed results). Still not sure if I'm done with it. Suggestions?

Pearl Grey marbling on the background! search "dye tutorial: marbling" or something like that. i made a tutorial if you don't know how to marble the backgrounds.

marble with royal blue

Pearl Grey marbling on the background! search "dye tutorial: marbling" or something like that. i made a tutorial if you don't know how to marble the backgrounds.

My first thought as well, but I have yet to give the marbling technique a try. I would hate to stub my toe on this disc considering it's for someone else. Definitely something I need to try at some point though....hmmmmmm.

I'm thinking maybe just add a little drop shadow and call it good. On to the next riff.

That VonDutch flying eyeball has to rank up there on our top 50 dyes of all time! Not that such a list exists, but if it did, I'd vote it on there.
Unique design, personalized touches, and some great color work and different techniques and shading.
I applaud your efforts, Jazzbones, and shake internet jazzhands at you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Amazing dye Jazz!!! One of the best I have ever seen. I agree with Bennett that it would definitely be in the top 50 if not the top 20

Amazing dye Jazz!!! One of the best I have ever seen. I agree with Bennett that it would definitely be in the top 50 if not the top 20

That VonDutch flying eyeball has to rank up there on our top 50 dyes of all time! Not that such a list exists, but if it did, I'd vote it on there.
Unique design, personalized touches, and some great color work and different techniques and shading.
I applaud your efforts, Jazzbones, and shake internet jazzhands at you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks men. Coming from you guys....that means alot.

vdeye.jpg

I agree with phil. leave it as is. too much going on in the background detracts from the awesome subject. ppl don't appreciate white space enough.

Top 50 dyes of all time! someone should totally figure out how to do that on a thread. a practical way of submitting and voting on awesome dye jobs, and ranking them accordingly. only problem I see with that is keeping the stats up to date when new ones are submitted. that would be a badass thread tho.

Top 50 dyes of all time! someone should totally figure out how to do that on a thread. a practical way of submitting and voting on awesome dye jobs, and ranking them accordingly. only problem I see with that is keeping the stats up to date when new ones are submitted. that would be a badass thread tho.

Is there an agreed #1? Can I see it?

Is there an agreed #1? Can I see it?

Not that I'm aware of but I think the #1 would definitely depend on the person you are asking. Everyone's taste is different so unless there was a poll I don't think we would ever have a true "Best Dye".

Id say of all the dye sites this is the best. As far as dyes, the best I have ever seen have been posted here.

Jazz- a mighty dye. The work and the craft show strongly. Don't stub your toe.
BrotherDave, the Leon is subtle and very very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.