• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I like to see!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass when I issued the challenge. I am trying to push people into doing more elaborate pieces that encourages us all to keep pumping out top quality pieces. Many of the single color dyes are well done but do not have the wow factor the would have had they been done full color

Ass - maybe you can come off that way just a tad bit ...... but we all have our moments

I am gonna have to buy a new clear or white disc as well to pull off what I have in mind.. all I have is white R-Pro and it is soft enough to blur easily .. plan on picking up an Opto to do a 5 color on. I also have to find a yellow.. cause i don't think tangerine will pull it off properly.

This is what I like to see!!!! I'm not trying to be an ass when I issued the challenge. I am trying to push people into doing more elaborate pieces that encourages us all to keep pumping out top quality pieces. Many of the single color dyes are well done but do not have the wow factor the would have had they been done full color

Challenge accepted here too!!! There is no way to get better than getting out of your comfort zone. I'm in!!!!!

just need the right Idea!!!! Any suggestions???

So this is my next project, got into it deep last night, but now I am waiting on my Grey dye to get here in the mail. It's a picture of my daughter I'm putting on a tye dye firebird. The edges of the bird are tye dyed, but the middle is clear.

IMG_20110818_090323.jpg

I have already dyed the dark spots, and have cut the areas I am going to dye grey for the contrast/shading. Any tips or ideas from you masters out there? I figured I am already past the point of no return but thought I'd see what you guys were thinking.

This is definitley the toughest I've done to date, and so far is looking better than I expected.
Ditto on not needing gray. I did this with all black. Just a quick dip for the gray.

picture.php

Speaking of kids I've been meaning to put this on a disc. I made back stage passes for my son's 3rd "rock and roll" birthday party.

(He came up with the band name. :D)

picture.php

Ditto on not needing gray. I did this with all black. Just a quick dip for the gray.

So just a quick dip in the black again? hmmm....

I just wanted a little different look, In my mind grey would make a pretty cool contrast. I actually like parts of the grey shading in that disc

Last edited:
So just a quick dip in the black again? hmmm....
Yes. Make sure you check frequently so you don't get black. Other than that it's much easier than warming up a whole new pot. It won't be the same color as gray Rit but I think it looks even better as they are on the same "gradient scale".

2011-07-29100654.jpg

2011-07-29100629.jpg

I find there is a difference between light black and gray I don't think either of the above disc would have looked as good with light black as opposed to the gray that was used.

2011-07-29100654.jpg

2011-07-29100629.jpg

I find there is a difference between light black and gray I don't think either of the above disc would have looked as good with light black as opposed to the gray that was used.
I agree with those dyes because the gray is intended to be a completely different color as opposed to different levels of shadow.

It's not being an ass. We all have the potential for better dyes than we've been doing lately. Maybe the Challange should go in a new thread, or be some sort of competition or something.

Love seeing all the great dyes!
I've yet to try my first, but I'm already putting white star discs into a shopping cart at DiscGolfCenter.com. :eek:

Ok. I accept the challenge to do a 5+ color dye. My next 2 were going to be that anyway. :p I got all those new colors from the dye lady and I need to see what they look like on a disc. :)

I also accept the challenge to do a multi color on the bottom of a disc. Which is something I haven't done before and am looking forward to. Probably only 3 colors on the bottom and maybe 2 or 3 on the top. hopefully that is acceptable for the challenge. :thmbup:

I am issuing a challenge to all ypu single color dyers out there. Step out of your comfort zone and produce us a 5 color dye. Time to step it up!

I'd love to, the best I've done so far is 4 colors, have a great idea a 6 color one, could be done by now cept the last 2 clear disc I have received for it have been complete pieces of s#$t, screw web ordering.

This might sound dumb, but I had a neat idea for a disc.

How about a: 0x (Your Name) World Champion Disc...

I am all about the funny...I think I would show it off..."Yep...that is MY SIGNATURE disc..." lol

I really like this idea. I wish I was a dyer so I could do this...

Off topic question: I know DX does not dye well, but what about pro?

I beg to differ that single color dyes do not have pop. this was all done with one color.

picture.php

On the other hand I'm in the middle of a 5+ dye so, you get your wish.

Just been moving slow lately, as they're just for wall hangers, not al ot of commissions recently, and my entire bag is dyed...

...I do need to get one done for the disc pass though so maybe I'll try to step it up a bunch for that one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.