• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a friend and Raider fan.
2011-11-11131129.jpg

I decided to try my hand at gradients and marbling. None of them turned out like I hoped but you live and learn. I don't think I had the mix right for the shaving cream.

Attachments

• hyzerflip 2.jpg
    hyzerflip 2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Nuke-SS 2.jpg
    Nuke-SS 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 119
  • jimiboss 2.jpg
    jimiboss 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 83
The plastic bag method worked the best out of all my tests, but there were little fibers in the center of the disc that caused the black to bleed more than usual. I've never run into these on other discs. I've never dyed another Evo Pro-line disc and this one was an x-out, so who knows.

Attachments

• reddit-illusion 2.jpg
    reddit-illusion 2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 67
  • illusion-fibers 2.jpg
    illusion-fibers 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 58
I decided to try my hand at gradients and marbling. None of them turned out like I hoped but you live and learn. I don't think I had the mix right for the shaving cream.

Nice looking dyes, but only one thing comes to mind when I see your nukeSS dye....

a603.gif

The flying squirrel is very well done. Clean lines, excellent colors, and the bag/wrap marble is great. You also got that vector to take some sc marbling, been throwing a stamped axis lately that needs some color. Nice batch Maansmit!

The flying squirrel is very well done. Clean lines, excellent colors, and the bag/wrap marble is great. You also got that vector to take some sc marbling, been throwing a stamped axis lately that needs some color. Nice batch Maansmit!

For the Vector, I wiped it down with acetone and washed with soap/water as you had suggested for the transparent Ions and it seemed to help the dye take a bit better.

Was just messing around with this one, since its my own disc. The main image was looking great, but the background was too boring. Not exactly what I was going for, but still look good to me. And if you have seen my Mr. MiYoda dye before..... yes she is holding that disc in her hand. This time it was a nickel sized replica of it.

Photo_7E40AC88-2A1B-3371-9DDD-D9D91394E135.jpg

Also just finished this nice easy one for a friends surprise BDay gift to his GF.

Photo_77CF05FF-32D4-68D8-7656-D08C55FD354D.jpg

That is insanity Disc Tattooist! Amazing image and quality work.

Where did that image come from?

@Marzac2- a friend gave me the image for his disc, and it turned out great. I love the simplicity of the black and white. It would have lost alot if I had added color.

Status
Not open for further replies.