• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. How did you prep/mix the color for paiting? I used a mix of liquid rit(scarlet and wine), my watermixed red jaquard and isopropyl alcohol and let it sit over night.

Had some issued with having it take, thats why I am asking.

1/2 tsp of powder mixed with about 1 tsp of acetone. It resulted in a very intense color within seconds of being on the disc.

pro 170 brand new katana, fresh out the dye! i was real happy with the face and little details came out perfect. if i was lookin to sell this how much should i ask for it? and also i was tryin to get a brighter/ more neon color green, i used kelly green for this one, cuz i dont like the way light green comes out, is there any brighter green rit dye?

Nice work. Is his neck missing color though?

Ion I did for myself yesterday.
6886908957_12b76f4587_z.jpg

Had a couple stupid bleeds along the edge. I really thought I had things sealed super well but I guess I need to stay further away from the sharp curve near the edge of the Ion

Messing around w/ shaving cream on a new Star Archon...let it sit for @ 2 days and came out real bright.

Attachments

• starchonnew.jpg
    starchonnew.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 168
Love the Archer disc Nowski! I would have put it on a Rampage though.:thmbup::hfive:
yea i shoulda totally done that! haha but then i woulda had to buy another disc. might do it if i come along a white rampage

Nice work. Is his neck missing color though?

and yea at first i forgot to dye it. took a pic of it before i went back and fixed the neck and then uploaded the old pictures haha i didnt even notice i put up the wrong ones

Super clean bomb. You did indeed paint carefully. I haven't seen a Lat disc that looks like that before.

Breathtaking, Nowski.

Great, great stuff the last few pages.

Been a while since i last posted dyes

First attempts at shaving cream tech.
1st is a star boss with the joker and carnivalish swirls
2nd star vulcan Happy face reaper with fireish swirls
3rd is my star dart with captin America and seran wrap tech for the flag

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 155
  • captin.jpg
    captin.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 170
First attempts at shaving cream tech.
1st is a star boss with the joker and carnivalish swirls
2nd star vulcan Happy face reaper with fireish swirls
3rd is my star dart with captin America and seran wrap tech for the flag

that saran wrap tech looks AWESOME!

Super clean bomb. You did indeed paint carefully. I haven't seen a Lat disc that looks like that before.

Just to be clear: The vinyl was still on. :)
But there was only a 1mm vinyl high barrier between success and disaster. :)

a couple done recently.
smile face is a Champ Coyote
graphic is a Star Vulcan

Attachments

• DCP_2203.JPG
    DCP_2203.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DCP_2204.JPG
    DCP_2204.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.