• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"The Finale'" - Disc Golf in Africa

You seem to enjoy sharing the game and looks like you connected fairly well these kids - keep up the good work, Holly!

I'm glad to see a happy conclusion to your series. Keep up the good work. And thanks for sharing with us. :thmbup:

Great seeing kids enjoying themselves. Way to give it back through the youth!

BTW, doesn't South Africa have a few courses already? Any thoughts on taking them out to one next?

BTW, doesn't South Africa have a few courses already? Any thoughts on taking them out to one next?

Based on the courses listed on DGCR, the closest to where Holly was is a nine holer in Worcester, which looks to be about 80km (50mi) away. The closest 18 holer appears to be over 700km (434mi) away, in Port Elizabeth. Both are private, as well. The only public courses are in Johannesburg, close to 1400km (~870mi) away. Road tripping to any of them might have been tough for just Holly to do, let alone bringing new players along.

That's great work promoting the game, Holly. Hopefully the next time your work takes you to Cape Town, the folks you introduced to the game will have built a permanent course for you to try out.

Alright Holly, now it's time to go to Belize or Chile and begin introducing the joys of Disc Golf to our neighbors in the south. I plan on retiring down yonder but there is not a DG course anywhere in Centrl or South America.
Keep up the good work lady.

Alright Holly, now it's time to go to Belize or Chile and begin introducing the joys of Disc Golf to our neighbors in the south. I plan on retiring down yonder but there is not a DG course anywhere in Centrl or South America.
Keep up the good work lady.

Not true. There is a nine hole course in Belize, a couple of courses in Costa Rica, and a course in Equador. Plus there was a short article in disc golfer magazine about Tom Schot introducing disc golf to locals in Belize.

No Bikini's, No Views

Why does this post only have 600 views? If I had bikini in the title, I bet it'd be up to 2,000 by now.

There you go skeptics, chew on those facts.

Interesting area to see this develop in, South Africa is supposed to have amazing geography (I've heard some of the best surfing and deep sea fishing in the world is here) and a Mediterranean climate, bet it makes for some great playing.

how'd you set up the distance competition?

of the two distance winners, i noticed the female threw farther than the male :popcorn:

thanks for sharing your clinic-style :)

Latest posts