• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The First Disc You Owned?

I bought a dx Aviar P&A and a dx Shark the first day I played. Both are beat and the Aviar is still in my bag today. I lost the Shark but it was returned and is now sitting in a storage bin full of backups.

I started out with a max weight DX Whippet. I remember having a fluke sidearm throw and it going about 300. I still have it.

Being an ultimate player I had played a bunch of on-campus object golf with Ultrastars, but after a round with a borrowed disc (don't remember), ordered in 97 the Innova 3 disc starter set... Aviar P&A, Shark, Cheetah. Still have the Aviar and throw it once in a while. The Shark broke on a cold morning many years ago. Next disc added was a Stingray, followed by a Viper, Polaris LS, and then in 98 that new disc, the XL...

Still have the Cheetah too, but after I learned to play with it, a friend borrowed it and learned to play with it. It is in a box in my spare bedroom, and it is so beat that when the heat pump starts blowing air, you can hear it turning over...

Pro Valkyrie and DX Birdie. Birdie's up on the shelf with the rest of my unthrown discs. The Valk is sitting at the bottom of my parents' lake.

My first two discs were a Dayglow yellow 167 CE Eagle L and a Baby Blue 174 soft magnet. I still have both of them, the eagle sits on the shelf cuz I am scared to death to lose it and the magnet is a yard putter.

Bought a 3 pack:
Daredevil Wolverine Driver
ESP Buzzz
Warlock Super Soft Putter

Still have them and use them.

Came into the sport cold after seeing a course in one of the local parks this past summer. The sheer number of discs available led me to go with Discmania on the reasoning that as a newer company they would at least be trying to meet or better the existing discs and it seemed to me at the time that eventually buying "one of each" would have me covered. I also appreciated the clean lines of the stamps.

CD, 150g S Line in a pretty yellow that looked just like a slice of Japanese radish pickle (takuan).
MD1, 170g S Line
P1, 175g S Line

I bought these first though I was impatient and found a DX Archangel, 170ish, in a local store. Threw it for two days until my order arrived then pretty much abandoned it as one or another of the newer discs was always felt superior. Six months into the sport I'm pushing fifty discs and, though some are better than others for any given task, that Archangel was the only disc I've disliked. Almost feel sorry for the poor soul that picked it up after I forgot it on a course.

149 DX Goblin

2nd was a 150 star valk, (went faaaar)

3rd was a raging inferno, (went faaarrther)

4th was a wraith (cause it was the latest and greatest, i couldnt throw it worth a damn)

I can't recall my first disc, but I started playing on a farm course where we vertical putted into 5 gallon buckets. I remember throwing Scorpions, Stingrays, Barracudas, Phenixs, and a few more. First ace was with a Lightning disc. Occasionally I sort through the old stuff box and wax nostalgic. Buddy of mine still throws his Marauder. I would give either of my nuts to set that course up again, just for one weekend.

my parents bought me a starter set when i was in college not knowing what they were. a cheetah, shark, and avair.