• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to sell out fast at my local store, but our local scene is very active.

Which tour series are you talking about specifically? the ones I named fly off the shelf in a days time, however other iterations such as the BW Nova, or HF roadrunner don't really move. And trust me, the dg community in my area is absolutely tremendous.

Drew Gibson will be with infinite discs and throwing a mixed bag next year.

Second (or third, fourth?) level sponsorship. The chance to make a signature disc with other companies. Wouldn't surprise me if he has to ante up some of initial stamping costs. 50/50???

I think why sexy birds are so more valuable is the resell factor. Just look at 2015 sexybirds on eBay right now. Asking price is 150+. So I think people know each year there will be a limted run and looking to cash in a few years.

I've never understood why people perceive such a high value in retail discs. Now...if Paul (or some other major player) throws a putter in on 18 for the win and puts that into circulation...sure. But otherwise...not seeing it. ? ? ?

Rebecca Cox resigned for 2 years with Latitude 64

Solid overall game, and seems like a great person. Would love to see her form on the tee slowed down just a tad, and then get that explosive release. Seems like she's already at 90% speed during the first step.

I've never understood why people perceive such a high value in retail discs. Now...if Paul (or some other major player) throws a putter in on 18 for the win and puts that into circulation...sure. But otherwise...not seeing it. ? ? ?

Area disc golfer shocked to discover that some things have collectible value above retail. News at 11.

It was in how that disc flew, the reason that the mold is worth what people want to pay for them. I hope the market for some of the non good OOP molds ends up bust or else I fear then to get a tour series disc new from that year or a players designed disc on online Company sites might cost $30+ soon and with player designed discs they only have just enough to call a production by PDGA, 500. :|

Didnt he leave one of the trilogy brands already because he doesnt like the plastic?

I'm still working through the thread, so if this was said already, apologies in advance.

IMHO no matter what was said! Gibson left Trilogy because he and his 'teammates' did not like each other, and Gibson did not fit into the "Disc golf is love, disc golf is life" mantra.

I'm still working through the thread, so if this was said already, apologies in advance.

IMHO no matter what was said! Gibson left Trilogy because he and his 'teammates' did not like each other, and Gibson did not fit into the "Disc golf is love, disc golf is life" mantra.

Yeah the Disc Golf is life part was what I thought, as in Gibson has a life outside of Disc golf and did not vibe with the Mantra/goals for the Dynamic Disc team.

Which tour series are you talking about specifically? the ones I named fly off the shelf in a days time, however other iterations such as the BW Nova, or HF roadrunner don't really move. And trust me, the dg community in my area is absolutely tremendous.

All of them. Every innova, most of the discmanias, and most of the discraft. Not all went instantly, but they're always gone in a couple weeks at most. With the exception of a few of the Prodigy molds. But as Prodigy gets better graphic for their tour series I expect that to change.

More like a cultist chant than a mantra.

All of them. Every innova, most of the discmanias, and most of the discraft. Not all went instantly, but they're always gone in a couple weeks at most. With the exception of a few of the Prodigy molds. But as Prodigy gets better graphic for their tour series I expect that to change.

I live in the Northern Plains so the Bradley Wigins Novas sell, more. Few like the Tour series Innova discs like the old Paul McBeth Novas just sat there as the player was not from the South Dakota area and the people buying discs blamed it on the mold.

Seems like it's the classic sports contact gambling. Making the safe bet on a certified pro vs getting an up and comer on a multi year contract.

I have seen exactly 1 Brinster TeeBird in the wild; I have never seen any of the rest. It is fair to say that I also don't see Cranks or Forces in the wild period. Lots of Comets though.

I proudly own 3 of the first run Brinster Teebirds, those are GEMS. One of them is in my bag since 5 years now and flies absolutely dead straight no matter what wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.