• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totaly agree. .

I´m on many hifi/homecinema and computer forums. .and there 99,9% of the post are on Topic....here, not so much

I don't participate in any other forums at all. I think I would get confused by on topic threads. :p

Disc Golfers, by and large, are a strange bunch...

especially when we actually talk about disc golf.

Now back on topic...

any specualtion about what Westside, or at least Trilogy has that approximates a Magic?
That's what I hear Nikko is putting with lately.

Disc Golfers, by and large, are a strange bunch...

especially when we actually talk about disc golf.

Now back on topic...

any specualtion about what Westside, or at least Trilogy has that approximates a Magic?
That's what I hear Nikko is putting with lately.

The Swan has similar flight to the Magic. . so does the Deputy.
I wonder if he will try to go "all Westside" or a "big mix"

I feel the point of being on team Westside is to throw Westside. . if you throw an even mix they can really just call it "team trilogy"

The Swan has similar flight to the Magic. . so does the Deputy.
I wonder if he will try to go "all Westside" or a "big mix"

I feel the point of being on team Westside is to throw Westside. . if you throw an even mix they can really just call it "team trilogy"

Being a member of Team Westside, I can say that we are required to throw only DD/Lat64/Westside manufactured discs and that's as narrow as the requirement gets. We're encouraged to throw the discs we feel will allow us to play our best game regardless of the brand. If that's an all Westside bag, that's fine. But if that's a DD and/or Latitude 64 heavy bag, that's fine too.

I wouldn't expect Nikko will be treated any differently than the rest of us in that regard.

Being a member of Team Westside, I can say that we are required to throw only DD/Lat64/Westside manufactured discs and that's as narrow as the requirement gets. We're encouraged to throw the discs we feel will allow us to play our best game regardless of the brand. If that's an all Westside bag, that's fine. But if that's a DD and/or Latitude 64 heavy bag, that's fine too.

I wouldn't expect Nikko will be treated any differently than the rest of us in that regard.

But it would look really weird if Nikko as a team Westside player only throw Lat64 disc. .or even a Lat64/DD heavy bag

I think the oddest part would be ignoring the fact that many of the best discs in the Trilogy family are under the Westside brand.

Were I Nikko based on what I've seen him throw the following would make sense to me;

Giant
Ballista Pto
Ahti
Explorer
Bard
Truth
Harp
Swan

He could slay with that lineup.

It is absolutely astonishing how little talk there is about disc golf in this thread and on this board in general. Kinda sucks for new players who actually want to engage in conversation and talk about the sport so they come to the biggest DG forum on the net and see nothing but trash. Interesting

Sounds like r/discgolf if the place you are looking for.

DGCR is a wonderful community and most active daily posters have been around the sport a long time and posting since the days of DGR (or early DGCR days). If you can weed through the inside jokes and occasional derailments, you will find a ton of insight and discussion.

Disc golf isn't the most exciting sport to follow at times - especially in the off-season. And I personally find the derailments into other topics often more entertaining (or a nice break) than the endless speculation on certain topics.

It is absolutely astonishing how little talk there is about disc golf in this thread and on this board in general. Kinda sucks for new players who actually want to engage in conversation and talk about the sport so they come to the biggest DG forum on the net and see nothing but trash. Interesting

giphy.gif

Recent Gateway email to dealers..subject line is: "If you're Nikko then you should ignore this email". Email goes on to promote putters. Guess they're a little salty...

For all the noobs out there, here's the hierarchy of post importance in DGCR threads:

Thread Drift > Thread Topic > Complaints About Thread Drift

If you aren't going to lean into the thread drift, then you can at least live with your conscience if you post about the thread topic. But whatever you, don't complain about the thread drift!

This PSA brought to you by:
Gateway Disc Sports
New official motto: Nikko Who?

So, what's Nikko's favorite pizza topping?

Since he's from St. Louis, it had better be on a pizza from Imo's or Pantera's.

edit: (I grew up in St. Louis. HEY, maybe I ought to swing by Maryland Heights and talk to Gateway. . .)

Homemade slow cooked Ham and Pineapple on the left, Pesto Walnut on the right made with my own pesto recipe containing basil from my mother's garden, and walnuts from my partner's family ranch. Cold-rise sourdough recipe is linked earlier in the thread. Someday I'll have a pizza stone, or the appropriate oven, but for now this represents my A-game.

Attachments

• IMG_6152 copy.jpg
    IMG_6152 copy.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 55
Walnuts on a pizza? Now I know that truly anything is possible!

Heck, who knows? Maybe Nikko will be able to represent Westside with professionalism and class. Maybe this will turn around the image of the Trilogy brands. Anything is possible!

I always thought that Lat64 and Westside were great. It was when DD came along and became a sounding board for attention desperate noobs that the whole "trilogy" thing went downhill. Shout out the Jesper Lundmark Striker I threw in 2012, that thing was sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts