• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Maria Oliva posted on insta with an MVP box in the background, disc wasn't an overmold though. Maybe a Streamline disc, or a fake out.

Does MVP force you to use their bags? She gave up her pound sponsorship which made me think she was going to a manufacturer that required the use of their bags.

Does MVP force you to use their bags? She gave up her pound sponsorship which made me think she was going to a manufacturer that required the use of their bags.

I don't think so, but they do have decent bags now. I was thinking one of the Trilogy might nab her.

And this...

I can see Simon being disillusioned with the direction of DM or not getting enough of the fame/ share of disc sales etc... personal reasons :D

I don't think it's out of the question for him to move. If Discraft is making space and has deep pockets then that's a logical stop. A company where he could maybe get some advancement or a renewed start somewhere he can get behind slinging some disc.. Have a chance to be #1.. Which doesn't entirely seem like a bad argument for MVP.

His odds of being a #1 player on MVP are pretty good, they have production capability and massive growth. They could try to capitalize on their recent success and he could sell some extra plastic. I don't feel it's likely but not out of the question. MVP has gained legitimacy on the main stage and it's got huge growth potential.

I was kinda surprised with Thomas Gilbert going to TSA... If MVP is manufacturing for other brands, they have extra lining in their pockets. Those pockets may be deeper than we think$. They also sold a ridiculous number of gyro boxes again this year, shredded and R2'd old plastic into salvage money... They could have saved all those pennies into a big piggybank...

...maybe Castro goes to DM? Young gun for an embittered vet?

Simon's cost of living expenses also just went way up for the next 18-22 years. I think it's reasonable to think that DG revenue is in for a bumpy ride the next three or four years and if his contract is from 2018 then he'll want to strike while he's hot to set he and his family up as best he can.

Man, Jordan Castro, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...

They (MVP) do appear to be an all inclusive type of company. Baskets, bags, carts, all the accessories for glow golf, apparel. Initially, when I saw what you said about a bag sponsor, I thought her destination might be Trilogy, since they seem to be another all inclusive type. But if she is practicing throwing Streamline & showing an MVP box in the background, then the signs seem to be pointing towards a certain Marlette, MI company.

My son picked up a cart sponsorship and, in the contract, he could not be a sponsored player by mvp, trilogy, and one other company that produced carts.

I can't help but think that Paul Ulibarri might be on the move. I know it sounds crazy but a few of his recent instagram posts seem cryptic. Also, why would they release the "once a year Captain's Raptor" for the second time this year? Why not wait until next year if he wasn't leaving? Seems like they had them made and still wanted to cash in on them before he departs.

So Uli for Simon? I did think that the release of the Captain's Raptors was weird since it's not 2023 yet, but I figured that they were trying to get them out separately from McBeth's 6X smorgasbord release in February. I just don't know how to replace the PD and FD for Simon though the Vulture/Anax are close to the PD, nothing is like the FD, unless he throws a Pipeline.

I don't think so, but they do have decent bags now. I was thinking one of the Trilogy might nab her.

They (MVP) do appear to be an all inclusive type of company. Baskets, bags, carts, all the accessories for glow golf, apparel. Initially, when I saw what you said about a bag sponsor, I thought her destination might be Trilogy, since they seem to be another all inclusive type. But if she is practicing throwing Streamline & showing an MVP box in the background, then the signs seem to be pointing towards a certain Marlette, MI company.

Team MVP members typically can use any bag or cart so long as it isn't that of another disc-manufacturer. This is why you can see Hokom using a non-MVP bag, as well as a Zuca cart.

So Uli for Simon? I did think that the release of the Captain's Raptors was weird since it's not 2023 yet, but I figured that they were trying to get them out separately from McBeth's 6X smorgasbord release in February. I just don't know how to replace the PD and FD for Simon though the Vulture/Anax are close to the PD, nothing is like the FD, unless he throws a Pipeline.

McBeth McLaren for Simon's child? Maybe just a wife swap?

If Uli is going anywhere, wouldn't Innova be the most likely? Finally getting all of BigSexyBarri on the same team. Wondering what his ts disc would be.

Don't think Uli is going anywhere soon. He was on Smashboxx last week & spoke of things he would be doing in the upcoming months that involved Discraft. Also, already mentioned, the Captains Raptor that is being hyped right now is a 2023 model.

So Swedish plastic too flippy for Simon? I guess he needs those Innova DM molds

So…Paige to Infinite, AB to Discraft, Simon to MVP?

Attachments

• FDF07B31-8852-4B7C-8142-3005DD0FC32A.jpg
    FDF07B31-8852-4B7C-8142-3005DD0FC32A.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 183