The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Carter Ahrens has gone from DD to Lonestar. Wonder if LS will be as active last year with the signings?

Carter did well on the west coast this year with a 5th place finish at the Beaver State Fling and 15th at the Portland open.

Listen to the recent Fish Golf Brah-dcast with Nate Perkins. Perkins says that in his role as an agent, he's telling players to expect less in contracts this year, because the plastic boom has passed. Certainly the very top performers should do just fine. But Perkins said he has to tell some players down in the pack that they might have trouble seeing "two thousand a month."

As manufacturer money gets tighter, it will interesting to see if they jettison expensive players who are past their peak (insert names here) in favor of spreading out smaller amounts to up-and-comers.

I could see manufacturers cutting out lower level players (that they are actually paying) pretty easily. They're always in danger if money slows.

Bigger names, I think someone like Big Jerm might have a year or two left on the top team, before Innova moves him to the Legends Team (or whatever it's called).

Sexton might not tour as much, but his signature discs still sell a ton. He might just retire from the top team in favor of commentating for both DGPT and Jomez.

How about Nikko? I don't think he's seeing six figures per year. He has the name recognition, but how many more years of top level play does he have?

Wonder if Gannon's old offer is lower now this year with less money coming into the industry?

I can't see another Simon-like deal coming for a major name for the same reason - the plastic boom has leveled out. I'm sure some like LS will spread it out and hope to catch the next Cole Redalen, but it's more likely the manufacturers hold their cards and make sure they have the big sellers locked up.

Listen to the recent Fish Golf Brah-dcast with Nate Perkins. Perkins says that in his role as an agent, he's telling players to expect less in contracts this year, because the plastic boom has passed. Certainly the very top performers should do just fine. But Perkins said he has to tell some players down in the pack that they might have trouble seeing "two thousand a month."

As manufacturer money gets tighter, it will interesting to see if they jettison expensive players who are past their peak (insert names here) in favor of spreading out smaller amounts to up-and-comers.
2k a month isn't sustainable if they have to own and maintain their vehicle or even less sustainable if they live out of it, touring pool might shrink, with the fpo being majority subsidized I'm curious where this train will stop.

Probably seeing the result of less money being spread around with the new 2024 tour routing.

I dont think Eagle wants to have a smaler contract than Simon. . but will house of discs really pay Eagle that much`?

In the least surprising news department - Buhr is offloading Prodigy stuff online
To be fair Buhr seems to have a habit of doing this several off-seasons. But I believe a difference the past off-season (where he was determined to leave Prodigy) and this off-season is that he is selling of a lot of rare discs that he acually has been bagging.

1697961230998.png1697961242644.png

2022 was a far greater year for Gannon and discs sales than 2023, so has his value gone down?

Silva Saarinen had a break out year. .will she get a bigger sponsor?

And a bigger question. .will all the players on tour really keep their contracts?

My guess is Silva likely gets one even if just for her European presence.

I'm definitely interested in what her tour schedule looks like for next year.
Most of her Career Earnings is in the last 4 months, so her end of the year was great. . and i think she can make enough from just tournament winnings to stay longer on tour in -24
But if if shes not stuck in her deal with Exel i think a few brands could need a strong FPO player. . she cant get a Kona deal but no FPO will ever get that again